Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Abercrombie and Fitch - fecking wankers

(53 Posts)
Minifingers Thu 09-May-13 09:43:56

For this:

"He doesn't want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people," Lewis told Business Insider. "He doesn't want his core customers to see people who aren't as hot as them wearing his clothing. People who wear his clothing should feel like they're one of the 'cool kids.'"

"In an interview with Salon last year Jeffries [founder of A&F] explained his attitude: “In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids … Candidly, we go after the cool kids. A&F claims to only employ beautiful staff in its stores [Rex]
He continued: "We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely."

Apparently overweight, 'unattractive' and plus-size people don't 'belong' in A&F clothes.

What a cunt.

The clothes are overpriced too.

So hope this is his 'Gerald Ratner' moment. angry

yaimee Thu 09-May-13 14:52:32

Their clothes aren't hot or cool enough to grace my body.
Fuck them!

NeverKnowinglyUnderstood Thu 09-May-13 14:57:05

I quite like it when a company are as honest and open as this..

it stops me getting pulled into the "oh that looks nice to they have it in a 16"

My beloved husband however... was outraged when Hollister stopped making his favorite Jeans as they were too "middle aged" how dare they call a 43 year old man middle aged!!!!!!!! grin

everlong Thu 09-May-13 14:57:37

They aren't clothes for the middle aged woman anyway. You'd look a dick with one of their teeny hoodies squeezed on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now