to say no to neighbour

(57 Posts)
likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 08-May-13 09:37:33

neighbour has new lodger in. she came round the other day on doorstep asking to use our WiFi code to access the internet and give us some money every month. we politely or so I thought said no that we dont want too. she asked fir the passcode and basically told us to stop being silly. again we said no and that we don't have the passcode. then she said oh it'll be here on the router ill come and check. again we said no thanks would rather not. I'm.not being a cow am I?

expatinscotland Wed 08-May-13 16:53:27

Fuck giving this cheeky cow an excuse. 'NO, you can't use it. Buy your own.'

MarinaIvy Wed 08-May-13 17:16:57

Ooh, now I'm wondering about twinkletits - did you get hacked, as promised?

RenterNomad Wed 08-May-13 17:19:54

Even if, as a lodger, she doesn't want to tie herself into a 12-24 month contract, there are still options. We pay £2.50 extra/monthly to plusnet to not have a contract, as we may be in this rental for as little as 6 months, and we didn't want to have to sign another 12-25m contract to move the internet access/home phone.

Dongles are another option, possibly a really good one for someone living as a lodger, whose lifestyle is going to be unsettled/more mobile (esp. if she's as annoying as a lodger, as she is as a neighbour! A lodger is unlikely to have the same protections/notice periods as a tenant).

You don't have to tell her any of this: engaging with a cheeky so and so is hasslesome!

digerd Wed 08-May-13 17:26:53

Just have to hack into it then shock. Tell her you will report her for attempted fraud and threat of hackingangry

expatinscotland Wed 08-May-13 17:29:09

He can get mobile Wi-Fi very cheaply. But it's not your problem. Just 'No.'

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 08-May-13 17:29:59

id of lost my cool at the hacking into it comment from another poster. I am generally pretty non confrontational but thats taking the piss! i had a dongle in my rental house too it wasnt too bad as i wasnt planning on staying there long ( ended up being there 10 months so v short time) for a dongle it was pretty reliable.

likesnowflakesinanocean Wed 08-May-13 17:31:08

definatly, glad im not alone in my general shock at being asked

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now