to think this man is a prick?

(32 Posts)
LeBFG Wed 08-May-13 09:30:28

I think the owner of A&F is a total prick. Who's with me?

DM link sorry! And sorry if already been done.

FreudiansSlipper Wed 08-May-13 12:02:21

those teeth grin

ha ha last laugh is on him as it is seen as trashy clothing now

Chaotic they had bouncers at their Paris store and men greeting you with no tops on, I found the whole thing quite bizarre.

LeBFG Wed 08-May-13 12:28:36

I just can't believe anyone could stand up and say this 'We go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.'

That is, in addition to the fact he is ugly, the shops have a disgusting disabilist and racist hiring policy. On the basis of this article I shall make sure my DC never ever buy anything from A&F.

Thumbwitch Wed 08-May-13 12:33:06

It sounds like the clothing is not hitting its target market in the UK anyway? From some of the comments on the DM article, and others here, it's seen as "chavvy" and young teen clothing, so mid-older teens don't want to wear it as it's "little kids' clothing". Fail, A&F. Har har har.

LaGuardia Wed 08-May-13 13:40:08

I took DS in one of the stores don't know how I got my size 16 ass past the doormen and he hated everything he looked at. He thinks it is very overrated, but he hates SuperDry too.

ICBINEG Wed 08-May-13 13:46:13

I remember the disablist business thing from before....will never be crossing the threshold.

As I said on FB about this, "Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla." And he thinks that marketing to 'attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends' isn't vanilla. He's an idiot, don't give him any head space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now