to think this country isnt 'going ro rhe dogs'

(60 Posts)
Boomba Wed 08-May-13 07:06:55

going to the dogs!!!

I hate that phrase

No its not!

No denying, it isn't a time of plenty. And some people are really struggling

But, compared with what? 90% of the rest of the world, most of us here are alright

marjproops Wed 08-May-13 19:00:18

just watching the queen on the news in parliament going on about helping carers/pensioners/etcv etc etd....

oh look, a flying pig.

like she and all those there know about housing/joblessness/redundancies/caring for disabled/rant rant rant rant!

(and its not cos i have pmt!!!)

this country's run by snobs FOR snobs.

Boomba Wed 08-May-13 19:08:37

didac grin

Boomba Wed 08-May-13 19:10:23

athing grin

helenaconhambarter Wed 08-May-13 19:13:32

You've only got to watch the programme "The Worst Place To Be A..."
to get some sense of how difficult life is for some people (even by their own country's standards) in other parts of the world.

I feel so fortunate to live here in the UK which despite all it's faults and problems, is a really wonderful country.

helenaconhambarter Wed 08-May-13 19:14:42

Terrible grammar - its

TigerseyeMum Wed 08-May-13 19:22:04

Did you mean to write your thread title in the style of Scooby Doo?

Ruh-roh.

limitedperiodonly Wed 08-May-13 20:06:44

So you don't actually have, like er, a theory, do you OP, capatilist (sic) whether intrinsically (wtf does that mean?) in the true sense, or not?

moody I know it's bad form but it's 'fewer children' not 'less'. You knew that, didn't you, but were too polite to say.

Meanwhile, let's spend less money on schools because wtf do people have to know how to read when they can scrape a living scavenging rubbish tips like people in other parts of the world?

Boomba Wed 08-May-13 20:23:51

Like er, no I don't. Do I need a theory to back up my assertion that the country isn't so bad? confused

marjproops Sat 18-May-13 18:11:40

i really am getting physically sick every time Smugerons face appears on tv now. seriously.

doesnt give a flying * about real people. him and his minions.

and ive NEVER been as judgy pants and full of -dont want to say hatred as its such a strong word but there IS no other word- as I am with this Gov. EVER.

pussycatwillum Sat 18-May-13 18:16:52

I'm 61 and people have been saying 'This country's going to the dogs' for as long as I can remember. Either it's a very long decline or people have a rosy view of life in the past.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now