because dp just looked at me like I'd grown another head...

(76 Posts)
Whereisegg Tue 07-May-13 17:39:00

This is really trivial but just wondered if I am alone in my thinking....

It is about to pour down here so I have just got my washing in.
Next door also have washing out, but nobody is home.
As we are missing a fence panel between our gardens til Friday, I mentioned I was considering getting theirs in for them.

They are fairly new neighbours, we don't really 'talk' but I thought this would be a nice thing to do, but dp thinks I'm crazy and should leave it.

Would it be such a terrible thing to do?!

Booyhoo Wed 08-May-13 00:18:33

when i had new neighbours at my first house the woman used to take my washing in if it was going to rain. then she suggested we remove one fence panel to save her having to go out the front and round the side to get into my garden, i obliged (she also said it would mean our dcs could play together in both gardens) then they started taking their bins through my garden to put out the front. initially they took mine too whilst they were doing it but that soon stopped and then it was basically them using my garden as access to their own to save going round the path at the back. and she started using my washing line too so i would come home from work and find my line full of her washing so couldn't put my own out unless i took hers down still damp! then they got a dog. so i put the panel back up and just let my washing get wet if it rained. i was far happier.

not saying you're a piss taker like that lot OP. but based on my only experience of neighbours taking in my washing 'as a favour' i wouldn't actually like it tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now