Not to go and watch DS play cricket?

(12 Posts)
marriedinwhiteagain Mon 06-May-13 20:22:05

DS plays; DH umpires and scores. I drop and collect - DD and I then chill: lunch, shopping, bit of housy stuff - or sometimes dd might be singing and need dropping and collecting.

Can you work on getting a daughter (wink).

Panzee Mon 06-May-13 19:28:28

Kewis? See, even my fingers zoned out

Panzee Mon 06-May-13 19:27:45

Duck worth Kewis grin

I do this face when it's being explained smile

But inside my head is doing confused

I never listen.

HollyBerryBush Mon 06-May-13 18:36:58

I don't get it.

I did catch half hour of a school match last week because it over ran even I know 2 batting, 11 fielding, 2 umpire things do not add up to 17 people on the pitch

Flobbadobs Mon 06-May-13 18:31:52

But, but....
If it rains half way through the match the amount of overs gets shortened and I get a mind numbing lecture on the use of the Duckworth Lewis method to sort the scores out which makes me very glad I am partially deaf.
I prefer it when it's sunny and they play all 50 overs. It's actually less boring.
ImaybeU to have married an umpire though...

HollyBerryBush Mon 06-May-13 18:30:32

But I don't want to sit in a frigging field for 6 hours so I don't

Panzee Mon 06-May-13 18:28:42

Cricket doesn't get played in the rain. Best bit about it. Bring a book. smile

Flobbadobs Mon 06-May-13 18:26:33

I've spent many many hours watching DS play cricket and even spend time there watching the firsts for fun!
It's taken me 15 years of being with a cricket addict to get to this stage though, I gave up all resistance when it became obvious that DS is just as mad on it as DH...
Isn't there a bar at your club??

grants1000 Mon 06-May-13 18:20:06

Yes been there done that, but he only told me they were playing this afternoon about an hour before they left, I watched many a time.

HollyBerryBush Mon 06-May-13 18:19:24

I'm with you there. Football I could cope with, 90 mins in the pissing rain, sorted. Cricket? All bloody day, nope, don't understand it, I totally don't get 2 wildly differing scores are a draw. Whats that all about?

Anthracite Mon 06-May-13 18:18:59

I really enjoyed when my DSs played cricket. I'd take my fold-up chair and blanket, and chat with the other moms. Match tea was in the middle of the match rather than the end. Good times.

grants1000 Mon 06-May-13 18:14:48

DH played from 1.30 til 9pm yesturday, I of course had the children. Eldest has now gone to play with youngest and DH watching. Why do I have to bloody go as well? It's only for 3 hours and I have stuff to do, boring house shit none the less. If he texts me one more time I will have to tell him to F OFF. Why can't he just take them and watch? I like the peace whilst sorting stuff, uniforms, packed lunches etc He will only bugger off and talk to some man and I will be left with someone I hardly know making awkward conversation. I have greasy hair and no make up, plus it would require an outfit change to look presentable. Too much faffarama.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now