To be so shocked

(43 Posts)
froginthepond Mon 06-May-13 16:20:04

AIBU to be so shocked? So ds and I were at the beach earlier and we saw a little girl walk past, she looked approx 2 max maybe 20 odd months. I had to look twice but her tshirt had the following phrase printed on it. "if you think im a little bitch you should my mum" shock Bitch was fully printed out too. Who the hell makes such tshirts and who would put one on a child it was all a bit shock and sad Does anyone else feel this is just wrong? Her mum must be a real prize role model hmm

DeepPurple Mon 06-May-13 19:52:07

All of them are vile. How can anyone think they are cute or funny?

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 06-May-13 19:47:28

Ah yes! With goldfish shoals nibbling at my toes...

Thanks grin

lljkk Mon 06-May-13 19:41:16

I think it's hilarious <<Shallow>>.
I wouldn't buy one for my child, or even let her wear it, mind.

DH at the beach with 3 DC today!

Have read the thread and agree with you all, but really have only come on to applaud shipwrecked's name and offer her some mango juice smile

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 06-May-13 18:29:04

I once saw a girl, about 5 years old, with the tshirt 'I'm proof my mum is easy!' On it.

I was, and still am, totally gobsmacked!!

Xmasbaby11 Mon 06-May-13 18:29:02

vile!

fluffyraggies Mon 06-May-13 18:23:08

madameJo shockshock sad sad

In fact more sad than shock

Ick no, buying for dd1 (8) is tragically hard but i'm used to it - i shop online for her as i am able to skip past tarty clothes to normal 8 year old girl stuff.

Buying for dd2 (due august) has been a revalation confused dd1 had a top from adams ''future princess'' <boak now but i was young!> but the things i've seen for babies now make me sad leopard print and nasty slogans that a grown woman should be ashamed to wear never mind put on a baby.

MadameJosephine Mon 06-May-13 18:11:58
Pollydon Mon 06-May-13 18:01:14

Hell.No shock

miffybun73 Mon 06-May-13 17:56:26

shock at zelda

zeldapinwheel Mon 06-May-13 17:38:35

I saw an approx 3 year old wearing a t-shirt saying "hooters girl in training". Classy.

miffybun73 Mon 06-May-13 17:30:24

YANBU at all, just makes me feel really very sad for the little girl.

PipkinsPal Mon 06-May-13 17:26:08

YANBU but I think I would be saddened rather than shocked. Saddened that the little girl's mother thinks it is acceptable to dress her daughter this way. My Mother wouldn't let us wear tee-shirts with our names on them when we were kids in case a stranger said "Hello Pipkins" and we would then think that person knew us and we would go with them. And just to be smug, lots of lovely beaches in Swansea/Gower and I was at one today wink

C999875 Mon 06-May-13 17:20:27

I'm with you. I hate t shirts with disrespectful slogans written on them and then we have a society that wonders why some children have no respect. I was a frilly smock dress type of mummy for my child obviously. Absolutly each to their own but I hate to see children dressed like adults. xxx

roofio87 Mon 06-May-13 17:17:15

I saw a baby gro that said "if you think I'm yummy wait till you meet my mummy" that is cute, no need for a child to be wearing clothes with a swear word on. but having heard how some people speak to their children I'm not surprised!!

I saw a changing mat last week with "9 months ago my Mummy read 50 shades of grey and here I am" <shudder>hmm

EarlyInTheMorning Mon 06-May-13 16:59:43

I hate slogans on adult t-shirts anyway but something like that on a child is just pathetic.

eosmum Mon 06-May-13 16:57:53

Saw a little girl is supermarket just now with a liverpool jersey on with BITCH 1 on the back. How is any of that cute?

froginthepond Mon 06-May-13 16:54:23

oooooh i like the sound of a bizinga t shirt! ds who is 3.6 loves the big bang grin i think he just likes seeing if there are going to be any robots. The only slogan tshirt he has is a Beastie Boys one and we both love it grin I would happily buy him a Beatles yellow Submarine one too as its his favourite CD and he plays it all the time in his room. I dont tend to buy slogan stuff though.

phantomnamechanger Mon 06-May-13 16:52:18

what's wrong with people, putting adult jokes and sexual innuendo on babys clothing is just vile!

SoleSource Mon 06-May-13 16:51:50

I have seen that pushchair too!

Double barf

I saw this pushchair in town the other day. Just why?

SoleSource Mon 06-May-13 16:50:15

I don't like any of them. Or the clothing that says 'made with pure love' etc

Barf

I don't really like any clothes with slogans on apart from maybe DS1's Bazinga T Shirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now