to think Candy Crush Saga is totally fixed?

(105 Posts)
MardyBra Mon 06-May-13 14:45:44

Yes, I can understand that they're wanting to maximise revenue, but I'm sure that some levels are fixed so that they're physically impossible unless you play them over and over or buy the fecking cheats ( which I refuse to do).

Angry Birds is hard on some levels, but at least you have the same scenario and birds each time, so you don't have to wait until an achievable bird scenario comes along. This game is pissing me off now, because I'm sure they deliberately give you unsolvable combinations most of the time.

WeAllHaveWings Mon 27-May-13 11:38:21

Been stuck on level 323 for over a week. Wasnt even getting near completing, so had a quick google for tips and it says there is a bug on this level on iPad/iPhone etc. Tried on PC and found the candies move completely differently than they do on the iPad. Competed level first time on PC smile

Noticed this with a few levels, some are easier on PC than iPad.

Loulybelle Mon 27-May-13 12:12:44

Im stuck on 153, i have given up on it now.

McNewPants2013 Mon 27-May-13 12:55:22

Stuck on 266 for weeks.

McNewPants2013 Mon 27-May-13 12:59:56

Now I going to have to download farm Hero to see what's that about lol

lelrods Fri 19-Jul-13 15:58:19

I am stuck on 208 and have spent so much money on Candy Crush I refuse to spend anymore I think it's fixed and it's pointless watching videos of how to do it sad

runes Fri 19-Jul-13 16:13:10

Not fixed. I've completed the whole thing without spending a penny or using any cheats. I was however most disappointed to find that there were no fireworks when I finished the last level shock. It just said we'll be adding more levels soon, in the meantime you can replay old levels to get more stars shock shock. What an anticlimax. I thought it'd make the news grin .

JohnMc Wed 04-Nov-15 17:36:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mari50 Wed 04-Nov-15 18:30:43

Candy crush is fixed, if you show enough disinterest after trying a level it let's you get it. So my advice if you're stuck is stop playing for a week and then you'll get an easy game. I'm on level 558 or somewhere there abouts, I'm embarrassed to be seen playing it and mortified about the waste of time involved getting to the level I have. I'm definitely at the point where I'm losing interest though so that's good. . . No money has changed hands either!!

Doobigetta Wed 04-Nov-15 18:50:15

Soda Crush is better, there are fewer frustratingly impossible levels and if you do get a really hard one the next few seem to be easier and let you straight through them. Also only occasional chocolate ones. I hate the chocolate levels.

Osmiornica Wed 04-Nov-15 19:13:53

You don't need to spend a penny on this. If you get to the end of a level and it asks you to login on facebook or whatever just turn off the wifi/internet on the phone and it'll prompt you for a quest instead. Often I do the first one then forget for a while and it'll have just jumped me forward without even doing the other 2.

Also if you really really can't wait to keep playing just adjust your phones date/time forward - just don't forget to set it back again afterwards.

I'm on 400 odd and haven't spend anything or linked to facebook or harassed anyone else for lives.

Orangeanddemons Wed 04-Nov-15 19:21:05

I'm on 227, and I'm totally hooked. I think it's easier than plain Candy Crush. Takes me ages to do each level though.

Coco0123 Wed 04-Nov-15 19:45:52

Level 408 here blush

SniffsandSneezes Wed 04-Nov-15 20:21:48

Level 736, never spent a penny on it!

5BlueHydrangea Wed 04-Nov-15 20:59:46

You need more variety .. Play other games too! Farm Heroes, Cookie Jam, candy crush soda...
Can't get on with pet rescue though!

pointythings Wed 04-Nov-15 21:21:02

I'm on level 1277 and have never spent a penny on it. No matter how bad the level, it does eventually let you through - they don't want you to stop playing!

It does get very frustrating at times though.

floppyjogger Wed 04-Nov-15 21:26:04

Im on level 1313 and have never spent a penny but Candy crush did delete a level a few weeks ago because it was impossible. I wasted days on that one!

Its the first time i've ever known it happen.

I'm sure once you've played the same level 200 times it throws you an easy board to keep you interested.

YouBastardSockBalls Wed 04-Nov-15 21:36:52

I'm on 886, had to go and have a look as haven't played it for weeks! I've been stuck on it for ages, this is the first one I think I might have to buy a booster for and I just don't want to!

EnthusiasmDisturbed Wed 04-Nov-15 21:43:41

Don't you know about changing the date on you iPad once you runabout of turns

once I was setting date over three months in advance I knew it was time to delete the game

WhoisLucasHood Wed 04-Nov-15 21:47:45

I'm on 1048, I need to get a RL, the hours I must have spent on it. I also love Candy Crush Soda and Jelly splash. On CC they now give me a free booster every day on a spinning wheel thing, I'm not sure which level it started on though.

WhoisLucasHood Wed 04-Nov-15 21:50:13

Enthusiasm, the trick is to set the time back before you first play and then add 4hrs at a time to give you 4 new lives. This works with the King games.

ChristinaParsons Wed 04-Nov-15 21:55:15

I am on 935 and have never paid. Was stuck on 147 for months tho!

almondpudding Wed 04-Nov-15 21:56:21

I'm well beyond 200. I wouldn't buy stuff; I'd feel that was cheating.

DeltaSunrise Wed 04-Nov-15 21:58:34

Level 370 and never paid a penny. I do the clock thing for extra lives.

I put it forward 24hrs, open candy crush so it shows the lives then put the clock back before starting a game.

SmillasSenseOfSnow Wed 04-Nov-15 22:01:31

They have another game called Pyramid or similar and that definitely has rigged levels. I've got the exact same deal of cards (in order and location, etc) multiple times in some of that one's levels. Which would suggest that it's not randomly generated, and thus quite possibly rigged for you to lose at least some of time.

EnthusiasmDisturbed Wed 04-Nov-15 22:04:10

Thanks Whois I shall remember that next time I play. I have deleted the game for now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now