Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Football match or family holiday??

(255 Posts)
helsbels03 Sun 05-May-13 08:28:53

AIBU - dh's football team just got into the play offs to move into the premiership. If they get through the semi 's then the final will be the day after we go on holiday to Tunisia. He has just asked I would mind if he flew out 2 days later as he wants to see his team at wembly. I am vv annoyed and upset he would rather watch football than go on holiday with us, we are only going for a week so he would be leaving me 3 young dc and my elderly mum for almost half of the holiday. Please give me some perspective on this- am I over reacting?

I think yabu to be upset that he wants to do this rather than family holiday.

My DH has spent the best part of 40 years putting time, money and emotion into his team. They're quite high up in the prem but wintrophies aobut once a decade. He flys all over the world supporting them and its something he absolutely loves.

Your DH obviously loves his family but this is a one time event for something he must have invested years in, a holiday to Tunisia, regardless of who it's with doesn't compare. He probably thinks he will ge to go on holiday with you all again but not have this opportunity, if I was him I'd probably put the football first.

Also a assuming your DC must be very young, or are they not interested in football? Mine would probably be desperate to go to the match rather than the holiday too.

riskit4abiskit Sun 12-May-13 17:10:41

If I was the kids I would be gutted to be left out if daddy was going to wembley.....

Panzee Sun 12-May-13 18:02:25

Ah well, no longer an issue.

IrritatingInfinity Sun 12-May-13 18:05:06

sad for OP's DH
grin for OP

annielouisa Sun 12-May-13 18:34:55

Smile sweetly, be sympathetic and laugh inwardly at all the Mumsnetters that could not care less about football but were collectively willing Watford to win!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now