to think being blonde, tall and slim doesn't automatically mean you are beautiful?

(115 Posts)
oharna Sat 04-May-13 15:34:50

(Not saying that anyone who is any of those things is in any way ugly btw)

However I was reading the "do you think you're pretty thread" and quite a few responses were along the lines of "yes because...."

"I am tall and slim" or "I had waist length blonde hair"

I don't think any of these things automatically mean you are beautiful.

Marcia Cross is a redhead. Melissa McCarthy isn't slim. Mila Kunis is only 5ft4. All these women are beautiful (imo) and despite some not being tall, blonde or slim.

ENormaSnob Sat 04-May-13 17:43:46

Is it just me that can generally see something attractive about most people?

shock maybe I have some kind of backwards body dysmorphia. Maybe i, and everyone else i see, is really a minger!

Gwynnie is pretty but nowt spesh imho.

squoosh Sat 04-May-13 17:46:58

Gwynnie has an amazing figure but I think she's one of those women that other women rather than men would class as beautiful.

JamesJazz Sat 04-May-13 17:48:10

Haven't rea the whole thread, but just jumping on to say that the ugliest person I ever knew was blonde and slim.

She was far too naturally thin, and ate the worst diet I think I have ever witnessed (think constant fizzy drinks and sweets, sugar sugar sugar basically). Perhaps because of this, she had crap teeth and skin.

But moreover, she was a horrible, mean, vindictive and spiteful woman, an by god it showed. In the things she said and did, and it made her about as unattractive as can possibly be. If she'd been a nice, kind person, I doubt I'd even have noticed the physical attributes that made her so unattractive.

The hilarious thing was, she photographed really, really well- such a huge contrast from reality. And she clearly thought she was attractive because she ticked the 'blonde and thin' box. <laughs heartily>

squoosh Sat 04-May-13 17:48:16

1960s era Catherine Deneuve, I'm going to put a request in that I get to look like her in one of my next lives.

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 04-May-13 17:49:52

Helena Christensen is who I'd like to look like in my next life.

thebody Sat 04-May-13 17:49:53

Gwynnie is pretty but imagine excruciating company. Can you imagine her letting her hair down and lighting her farts?

Agree re Emma she's very pretty.

I think other things like a nice smile, dimples and warm personality.

You can be tall, blind and slim and have a face like a bag of spanners too.

MarshaBrady Sat 04-May-13 17:50:37

Gwynnie is looking prettier lately. Better than the very, very pale blonde straightened hair circa crying Oscars years.

Tall and blonde, well you can be pretty or beautiful or you might not be. Just like anyone else.

BreasticlesNTesticles Sat 04-May-13 17:52:23

Can anyone link to the other thread as I can't find the blooming thing?

squoosh Sat 04-May-13 17:54:10
mrsjay Sat 04-May-13 17:56:18

I think anybody who answers are you beautiful on a thread needs to get their head out of their bums tbh

mrsjay Sat 04-May-13 17:56:40

I am obviously a munter to have said that though wink

Of course not all tall, slim blondes are beautiful. Have you never heard the acronym BOBFOC - body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch.

ComposHat Sat 04-May-13 17:59:40

yanbu tall blond and slim?

I give you Peter Crouch.

mrsjay Sat 04-May-13 18:00:56

he has a pretty wife so she must think he is stunning I think it is the mullet that got her and not his millions

SoleSource Sat 04-May-13 18:04:03

I am tall, long blond hair and stunning!

ComposHat Sat 04-May-13 18:05:19

I can't think what else would have attracted her to the multi millionaire Peter Crouch.

To give him his due he did give one of my favourite answers to a questionnaire.

Q. What would you have been of you hadn't been a footballer?

A. A virgin

BreasticlesNTesticles Sat 04-May-13 18:05:24

Thank you squoosh

MarshaBrady Sat 04-May-13 18:05:40

ha very good.

SoleSource Sat 04-May-13 18:07:31

Compos lol

mrsjay Sat 04-May-13 18:07:56

the man has a point grin

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 04-May-13 18:10:01

I do agree MrsJay, though I sometimes wonder if they're just very honest and confident.
Though if everybody is as beautiful as they say they are, MN must be the best looking website on the Internet.
There's one particular poster who always comes on with a link to her profile, saying she's never been confident about her looks and she's stunning.
I think some just come on to fish for compliments.

I think I'd sooner shag Peter Crouch than Wayne Rooney.

ilovexmastime Sat 04-May-13 18:35:12

Wouldn't anyone Akiss?!

loofet Sat 04-May-13 18:39:23

I've never met a man irl who has a preference for hair colour or who likes tall women. Honestly. All the guys i've met prefer shorter women, definitely shorter than themselves. I even met a couple of guys who liked women in the 5 foot region. And all of them weren't arsed about hair colour either. Ime the criteria always seems to be 'nice eyes' or either nice legs/boobs/arse depending on which sort of man they are grin

Fwiw I think yanbu and I agree with you. I can't think of a tall, slim blonde i've ever looked at and gone 'wow!' Does SJP count? I think she's beautiful, but then I guess I have a weird taste- I also think Gaynor Faye is stunning which always seems to raise eyebrows and I don't know why! smile

BeCool Sat 04-May-13 18:41:24

To the shallow, it probably does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now