To be annoyed with DH for not feeding the baby the food I prepared

(84 Posts)
finnbob Fri 03-May-13 21:21:09

DH works away 4 weeks at a time so I am usually wrecked by the time he comes back as 8 month old wakes once a night every night.

I organised a day away for myself today, shopping, lunch, facial.

Left lunch and dinner in the fridge to be reheated for the baby. When I came home they were both still there. The baby hadn't had dinner yet but his lunch was still there too. So I was a bit pissed off and said what did he eat. He gave him a yoghurt, but not his baby one, a fruit corner. He said he forgot he was supposed to give him pasta.

I lost the plot then and threw the meals on the counter and said why did I bother making food for him if you can't be arsed to heat it and feed him. And I shouted a bit about not being able to have one day off.

He got stroppy and said he didn't realise what he was supposed to give him. I just thought I couldn't have made it any easier and that he obviously doesn't listen to a word I say. So he stormed off and I started crying. I did actually tell him many times about reheating the food and to give him a yoghurt after his pasta if he was hungry. I don't usually go away for day so I had told him everything I thought he'd need to know.

Days relaxation undone in 2 minutes lol! So do your worst, WABU to get in such a state!

greenformica Fri 03-May-13 23:48:41

I think you need to put the things that definitely need to be done in writing. In list form. But don't go over the top, keep it short and simple.

Zhx3 Sat 04-May-13 00:10:54

wine for you, OP.

I can imagine you're tired and worn down after 4 weeks with a wakeful baby every night. Is this your only dc? I constantly worried about doing things wrong with my first. Then probably the build-up and anticipation of your dh returning.

Your dh might not listen to you, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's doing it wrong, just differently. If he doesn't listen, and won't listen, then I would leave him to his own devices and turn a blind eye - he can sort out milk, food, nappies and sleep by himself. That is, of course, provided you trust his parenting.

Morloth Sat 04-May-13 02:14:06

I think you need to unclench.

If the baby wasn't hungry then why would you need to give him food?

If the baby was crying with hunger then that would be different.

edwardsmum11 Sat 04-May-13 05:40:02

Yabu and hormonal.

BenjaminButton172 Sat 04-May-13 07:05:03

Have u thought about seeing a doctor OP? Because when i had post natal depression i would fly off the handle at little things & make them seem like they were massive issues.

pippitysqueakity Sat 04-May-13 07:23:20

OP has been back and agreed she overreacted and explained her reasons.

Bit pointless now to tell her she wbu.

It almost looks as though you haven't read the whole thread...

spiritedaway Sat 04-May-13 07:44:52

I imagine you feel guilty and upset for leaving your baby and her not having the care you would have given to her. Don't. If you're going to make a point of leaving for the day then leave the responsibility too. The baby is fine. No harm done. I tight YABU and reacted because you possibly find it stressful being away from your baby and need to do it more!

spiritedaway Sat 04-May-13 07:46:00

Oops. . Have read whole thread. Sorry op. I cut to the chase as mine just woke up.

spiritedaway Sat 04-May-13 07:46:49

I meant haven't read whole thread! Have a good day OP x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now