Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think my nieces mum should tell her her secret

(30 Posts)
Filibear Fri 03-May-13 20:53:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HollyBerryBush Fri 03-May-13 20:56:13

If i's your nieces mum, is that your sister or your DSIL?

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 20:58:54

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

scurryfunge Fri 03-May-13 20:59:44

She probably already knows.

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 21:01:59

HollyBerryBush Fri 03-May-13 21:02:10

I think it's her choice when to tell her daughter.

unless you are getting all the info first hand from her mother, it is gossip, maybe true, maybe not, but nonetheless its salacious gossip and no one likes a gossipmonger

Kneebeefjerky Fri 03-May-13 21:02:18

It's difficult to say if you don't know what they are...

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 21:22:30

TheseFoolishThings Fri 03-May-13 21:23:58

So are you actually related to this 'niece'?

She is her brothers daughter....

quoteunquote Fri 03-May-13 21:26:37

Nothing you can do except be there for support when she finds out, it will take her a while to trust her mother again.

Invite her round for a meal, make sure she knows you are someone to go to when the shit hits the fan.

Does your "SiL" know that the 'secret" is out?

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 21:27:04

IneedAsockamnesty Fri 03-May-13 21:27:44

Its totally up to her when she chooses to say. She could have a very good reason and its nothing to do with you.

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 21:29:02

DameFanny Fri 03-May-13 21:30:37

Is she pregnant by the niece's boyfriend? Is that the Kyle-ness?

HollyBerryBush Fri 03-May-13 21:37:13

It's the mothers choice.

I think it depends what the situation is. Can you tell us?

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 21:39:22

yaimee Fri 03-May-13 21:40:56

I think danny might have it right.

quoteunquote Fri 03-May-13 21:42:17

Does you brother have a close relationship with her, could he tell her, if her mother is too scared to.

In a nice supportive way, not a point scoring way.

Filibear Fri 03-May-13 21:46:10

digerd Fri 03-May-13 21:53:38

Filibear You say the mother has been open about the circs of her pregnancy with her friends and in a small town everybody is whispering about it. Yet she doesn't want to tell her daughter about it yet.
Then your niece will definitely be hearing about it soon from somebody, and her mum must know this.

YANBU to worry about your niece. You can only be there emotionally for her when she finds out. I hope she doesn't hold it against you for knowing and not telling her though.

SanitaryOwl Fri 03-May-13 22:01:52

It's absolutely none of your business.

DameFanny Fri 03-May-13 23:56:39

Well at least she's got you and your brother as stable influences. And a good lesson in what not to do I guess?

Filibear Sat 04-May-13 07:03:07

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now