to have found this funny?

(14 Posts)
ErrorError Fri 03-May-13 18:04:21

Rupert Everett said "fuck" on loose women a couple of days ago! I thought it was funny but I don't think he'll be invited back for a while! I love it when formal people break from manner in an unexpected way! Laughed for days when my straight laced film studies lecturer switched off the projector and said "well, ladies and gentleman, that's what's called 'polishing a turd'..."

cheesesarnie Fri 03-May-13 17:53:50

agree with charlie- i'd keep saying it.

ShatnersBassoon Fri 03-May-13 17:35:33

The Dominos bloke obviously thought he was dealing with someone who'd appreciate a good descriptive swear. Your DP should be flattered.

needaholidaynow Fri 03-May-13 17:34:45

Haha good advice Charlie!

I do tend to say things like, "Oh god this film is the shit!" (Meaning its brilliant!) haha

needaholidaynow Fri 03-May-13 17:32:23

Shatners I think he was just shocked! grin

CharlieUniformNovemberTango Fri 03-May-13 17:31:32

clearly you need to de-sensitise him to the saying.

I suggest dropping it into converstation liberally over the next few days.

"I've got a shit load of food in for the weekend darling"

"It's your turn to hang out the shit load of washing love..."

"Can you feed the cat? Don't give him a shit load of biscuits or he'll just puke them back up on the rug again"

etc smile

ShatnersBassoon Fri 03-May-13 17:30:10

Yeah, it's funny. Your DP wasn't bothered by it was he?

needaholidaynow Fri 03-May-13 17:29:45

Sooperdooper I'm not sure yet, probably spicy Tandoori chicken. That stuff is "shit" hot! wink

Trill Fri 03-May-13 17:28:11

I think it's funny.

Not appropriate or professional behaviour of course, but that's why it's funny.

A mate ordered this and you do get a shit load!

DublinMammy Fri 03-May-13 17:26:31

That is pretty funny but I bet you get some cats' bum faces on here! Tell your husband to lighten up and call him Mary Whitehouse for the rest of the weekend

sooperdooper Fri 03-May-13 17:26:18

Probably a bit unprofessional but tbh, the guy works on Dominos and he was right, I bet to do get shit loads! What toppings are you ordering??

grin

I wouldn't have thought nothing of it.

needaholidaynow Fri 03-May-13 17:23:33

DP rang our local Dominos pizza earlier to see if they have any deals on at the moment. We have a couple of friends coming round later to watch a film and we're going to get a couple of pizzas in.

The guy on the phone told my DP that they have a "Spend £40.00 and get 50% off" and then he went on to say, "You can get shit loads of food in that deal it's pretty good." My DP was shocked and after he ended the call he told me what the guy said and I just laughed. Am I being unreasonable to think some people need to lighten up and stop being so formal all the time, and that the way he said it out of the blue was funny?

Probably my slightly immature side there, and if he says it to another customer then he might get complained about, but life is too short!

Made my Friday afternoon! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now