Doing your make up . . if really ill?

(52 Posts)
Thumbtack Fri 03-May-13 09:47:24

I had to send one of the bar staff home yesterday lunchtime, soon after arriving very late for work. She is a young lass and not a bad worker, so no issue with employing her. However I had to (due to health and safety) as she told me she had been physically sick and throwing up all night due to worrying about x, y and z, hence the reason she was late.

But . . , she had a full face of make up on, including false eyelashes and had straightened her hair . .

Am i being a cynical old cow thinking it cant have been that bad if you managed to put on the full works of make up?

I'm a nice boss so its no big deal and of course i'll give her the benefit of the doubt but i was a bit hmm

Is it possible to be fraught with worry, physically sick and yet able to put false eyelashes on? Maybe I'm just getting old?

GlassofRose Sat 04-May-13 09:51:38

ahhh claps wasn't supposed to be in bold...

Bunbaker Sat 04-May-13 10:01:35

If I was unwell I would make a point of not putting make up on. Then I would get more sympathy because I looked so crap grin

And make up for going into hospital - blimey I have heard it all now. The thought of getting hot and sweaty with a face full of gunk - I can just feel my face breaking out into spots at the thought of it.

Are some people that shallow and vain self conscious without makeup?

BTW I am not some worthy that never wears it. I wear it for work and going out, but not for when I am at home as I like my skin to breathe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now