to think most people would assume you share tapas?

(107 Posts)
AaDB Thu 02-May-13 21:32:40

Why suggest going for tapas, take part in a discussion to ensure a good mix is ordered and then take your food and say you will not be sharing?

AaDB Sat 04-May-13 11:32:17

Limited wine grin I love it. I am AaDB and I am an Intergalactic Party Crasher

limitedperiodonly Sat 04-May-13 11:53:32

I hate this place. Decent food but not enough of it, shockingly expensive and the chiselling bastards do their best to get you out in an hour so they can relieve as many suckers of their cash as they can.

Not surprisingly it's a concept by two English brothers who've been to Spain and worked out that loads of London people have more money than sense.

They also run a place in Soho where you can't book so wait at the expensive bar and then spend half an hour at the table. This wheeze is billed as a boon for the cash-rich, time-poor media executive.

I won't go to any restaurant that's run for their convenience, not mine. Lots of people will though.

AaDB Sat 04-May-13 12:19:41

WTAF is wind dried ham. confused. If you like tough meat that has been playing with flies, this is for you.

If someone ordered lamb brains and olives to share, I would kick them up the arse.

No to "deep fried suckling pig ears" I don't care if they are only pork scratchings

aurynne Sat 04-May-13 23:29:42

JennyMackerz no, unfortunately you pay for pinchos ("pintxos" is the word used in the Basque Country), wish they were free! They are usually 1 euro each in the region I am from (Asturias).

And not every Spanish dish is shared, just the raciones (or tapas if you want to call them like that). That does not mean Spanish people eat raciones or tapas all the time and everywhere, we also have entrees, mains, seconds, sides and desserts as everyone else :P

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 05-May-13 07:53:20

I loved living in Granada where tapas and pinchos are free! Especially as a greedy student.

JennyMackerz Sun 05-May-13 10:40:29

I am fairly certain i never paid for pinchos. YIKES!!! This was in Elche. I used to knockabout with a guy from Bilbao, so that might be why I insert xes where they aren't there. But this was.... omg, hacía una vez, maybe even in Spain the sound of Kerching, a euro por favor makes sense. tbh, i can't really speak with any authority on what happens in spain because it is 22 years since I lived there. My dd and I are planning a trip, as soon as her braces are paid for :-p

JennyMackerz Sun 05-May-13 10:42:49

I've had pig's tail and it was gorgeous. Like the nicest nicest sausage you have ever tasted. YUM. Not kidding. and i am now largely pescatarian! (these days!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now