My daughter is not a Princess!

(181 Posts)
DrSeuss Thu 02-May-13 20:09:04

Another reference on FB to a friend's "Little Princess.". Am I the only one who prefers to avoid this word? My two year old is bright, funny, cuddly, sometimes stroppy. I hope she grows up to be something that makes her happy, no idea what yet, just something she finds fulfilling. Why would I give her such an inane title? The Duchess of Cambridge, who I actually really like, has a degree from a top university. She now has no right to express an opinion and will always be second to her husband. Not really what I hope for in my daughter's life!

tvmum1976 Sat 11-May-13 02:48:20

YADDNBU
The whole princess thing is truly vile.

AgnesBligg Sat 11-May-13 02:49:23

Daft cow is also said with pride and love. You bint.

CookieB Sat 11-May-13 02:55:03

Princess even though they know they are not is a term of endearment. U daft cow.

CookieB Sat 11-May-13 02:57:03

I'd never call my daughter a cow. Cos it means slag where I am from.

tvmum1976 Sat 11-May-13 03:24:08

princess aspiring girls should be shown a photo montage of princess Anne and princess margaret in her later years.

MrRected Sat 11-May-13 03:46:21

I don't why people have such strong views about a term of endearment. I call my daughter Princess, Possum, Blossom, Scary (derivative of her name). None of them are based in reality. She is very clear on the fact that she is not a royal, is not small and cuddly, colourful or frightening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now