To think it's ridiculous to get a tattoo of your partners name/initials

(33 Posts)
AnneNonimous Thu 02-May-13 11:12:12

And stinks of insecurity?

I am 21 and know a lot of people my age who have their partners names tattooed on their body. Most of them are broken up now. The whole idea makes me feel a bit uncomfortable - almost like you're branding yourself his/her property.

I don't want this to be a tattoo bashing thread at all, I love tattoos and have a few myself. But I just don't see why anyone feels the need to do this?

HairyGrotter Thu 02-May-13 14:04:03

Not something I'd do, even my child's name I wouldn't have tattooed on me. I have a tattoo in honour of her (2 actually), but never her name. I wouldn't have a lovers name on me either

Each to their own smile

loofet Thu 02-May-13 14:34:49

Perhaps its ok with a long term partner or your dw/dh... But I personally wouldn't. Not keen on name/initial tattoos anyway, I think it's much better to get something to represent the person.

Missymoo That really made me laugh. If he carries on he'll end up with a body full of dogs grin

Yakare Thu 02-May-13 14:37:31

YANBU. But people are daft. It's what makes life so amusing.

pickledginger Thu 02-May-13 14:40:11

Statistically you'd want to pick something popular. In 20 years Amelia would be a good choice.

MansView Thu 02-May-13 14:52:01

yes, or someone like tyrone... smile

Pobblewhohasnotoes Thu 02-May-13 15:21:03

Is it so you don't forget what their name is?

Just quickly check before filling in forms etc.

Shellywelly1973 Thu 02-May-13 16:49:30

I haven't got a tattoo nor has dp.

Im not brave enough& would probably change my mind about it after a few days!

My best friends dh has her face tattooed on his lower arm. Its very well done, they've been together for 17 years!

Branleuse Thu 02-May-13 17:06:56

i have my dps name on my hip. I am well insecure and a bit chavvy scum though innit.

YOUR tattoos on the other hand are completely classy AND you are a better person than I.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now