Romance is dead. Dead as a very dead thing.

(85 Posts)
AtYourCervix Wed 01-May-13 21:58:47

H. Going to bed.

Me: Kiss me. You never kiss me needy and demanding Occasionally even I need a bit if affection.

H: I let you cut my toenails earlier.

[sob]

cozietoesie Thu 02-May-13 14:58:08

gringringrin

Absy Thu 02-May-13 15:19:22

"you haven't turned into your mother, yet"
"I can only see your chin hairs in some lights"
"you could get fatter"

ATJabberwocky Thu 02-May-13 16:50:45

The 1st time in 15 years ImTooHecsyForYourParty? I'm lucky if there's only 1 an hour :'(

drudgewithagrudge Thu 02-May-13 16:56:12

One abiding memory of EXDH is when I was expecting my third child and still at the morning sickness stage. I woke up about five in the morning and just put my feet to the floor and threw up on the carpet. Ex still snoring so I got up went downstairs and returned wearing rubber gloves carrying a bucket of water disinfectant and a cloth. Ex raises head from pillow and says,"As you're up could you make a cup of tea?" Yet another reason why he is an EXDH.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 02-May-13 19:38:11

second wedding anniversary DH went out with girls from work, I was meeting him later to go for a meal, met... he was having too much fun so we ended up both out with girls from his work and having fish and chips in the pub opposite the chip shop who let you take them in the pub. the landlord did however mark the occasion by bringing us a bowl of ice cream with sparklers in and two spoons smile ah well, funnily enough its one of the 23 we have had that we really do remember well smile

CombineBananaFister Thu 02-May-13 19:52:46

Romance is not dead. I won't believe it!
Dh is a proper yorkshireman, not a big sharer of fellings or romantic gestures BUT last week after a night of ups/downs and no sleep with DS and having to be up at 5am for work he proved his mettle.

He had made me my snap for work (normally do it night before but was knackered), complete with romantic note - 'SANDWICH FOR YOU. EVEN USED THE LOWFATCHEESE. BIG SMILEY FACE.'

It was the best damn sandwich in the world despite the lowfat comment grin

freddiefrog Fri 03-May-13 13:03:56

I think the final nail went in the coffin today

DH has a day off so we were mooching around town. I've been on a hunt for a pair of flat tan sandals and I was trying a pair on, to be fair, I may have bored him rigid with my flat tan sandal musings, so he was completely disinterested

Me - so what do you think?
DH - you've got hairy toes

RawShark Fri 03-May-13 18:55:53

Getting ready to go out:

DH: I'll put ds in bed while you get ready
Raw shark?:get ready?
DH: you can do your makeup
Raw shark : I've done my make up

Lol

persimmon Fri 03-May-13 19:04:53

Me: Wow, if I die in service you get almost £150k!
DH: (thinks) That wouldn't pay off the mortgage though. Nah, it's not worth it.

cozietoesie Fri 03-May-13 19:35:49

grin

I'm waiting for the Thurlowshusband range of MIL cards. It could be the start of her fortune!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now