Ice cream van outside school

(119 Posts)
Yamyoid Wed 01-May-13 20:04:11

Aibu to be pissed off about the ice cream van parking right outside the school gates?
Would it bu to complain to the council?

melika Thu 02-May-13 16:17:34

Make it a once week treat if they have been good at school. That's what I used to tell my Dsons. If they got a certificate they got 50p extra!

Yes, you can say No!

fuzzpig Thu 02-May-13 17:00:29

I don't see the problem really. I fondly remember the ICV outside my school (wasn't every day either, so it was always a "will they won't they" feeling!). Maybe I'd feel different if there was one outside DCs school every day.

There is actually an ICV that drives round here but it never bloody stops! Perhaps as our street barely has any children, unlike nearer the school. But I would definitely buy from him now and again - it's a nice treat and while I was stuffing my face I would feel good that my ice cream money had gone to an independent guy rather than to tescos where any icecream we buy normally comes from.

fufflebum Thu 02-May-13 17:04:26

YABU the person has a right to make a living.

Just say 'no' to your children.

We have one that does this and I say to the children on an ad hoc basis- ok. Other parents tend to do it as a treat at the end of the week.

I prefer the element of suprise!

WireCatWhore Thu 02-May-13 17:05:34

There is one outside my eldest child's school every school day!

Do they still sell fags for 10p.

memories

Our ICV parks at the swing park five minutes from school and a Mr Whippy with monkey's blood strawberry sauce is about 70p.

But it is annoying when a van is in your way every single day. Once a week is a good rule I think.

I am sulking because I know one shouldn't have soft whip when pg envy

amigababy Thu 02-May-13 17:06:51

there have been 4 ICV' s outside DD 's school forever. She's 17 now and seems to have. survived. Though she told me today that school are installing an official tuck shop!

And when our PTA does ice cream sales we get vair naice fresh flavours direct from the local ice cream farm because then all the parents want one too and it raises more money because supporting local small businesses is important too.

Kewcumber Thu 02-May-13 17:12:59

You think outside the school is bad - our local ICV parks outside our house every day often blocking my drive. You'd learn pretty swiftly to so no in my situation!

Kewcumber Thu 02-May-13 17:14:06

Ice cream farm? shock There are ice cream farms?! shock

Who knew they grew ice cream - I thought they just made it in a factory.

Wishiwasanheiress Thu 02-May-13 17:20:30

Unless u can get ur drugs off the guy too yabu.

Seriously, our school one did! Got busted one week! smile

WildlingPrincess Thu 02-May-13 17:29:51

They have one outside my daughters school. I just say no!

We had one at High School and I never understood why it cost £15 a cone for some kids. So naive....

I would LOVE this!
{BabyDubs calls council to complain about lack of ice cream vans around 'ere!}

Kewcumber the farm also has a big playground, indoor softplay, small "meet the farm animals" zoo, and go karts.

And a hundred flavours of ice cream.

Hmm. I think I know what I'm doing this weekend.

MissBetseyTrotwood Thu 02-May-13 18:24:18

I told my DSs (ONCE, in a moment of desperation) that the ice cream van outside the school was a dirty one. To be fair, it looks pretty grim and the man's hands always do look dirty. They stopped asking.

I've also gone with 'If you stop asking me you can have an extra large one at home. If you ask me one more time you'll have nothing.'

I am a horrible mother. grin

GreenEggsAndNichts Thu 02-May-13 23:50:13

Ice cream farm grin

Kewcumber Thu 02-May-13 23:52:54

liar liar pants on fire - thats not a farm its a factory!

musickeepsmesane Thu 02-May-13 23:55:52

In Perthshire there is a farm. It is called Stewart Tower. They are all about the ice cream................ no van sad

BegoniaBampot Fri 03-May-13 00:21:18

our ice cream van outside the school used to sell single a fag with a match attached. now I imagine they offer other more worrying treats.

notso Fri 03-May-13 10:05:18

I love a day out at the ice-cream farm! The activities are vair reasonably priced, and the ice-cream is lovely.
The cafe is not-so good though and never dare to eat your own food there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now