Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to complain my magnum infinity does not grow back!

(32 Posts)
SodaStreamy Wed 01-May-13 19:52:10

I'm serious , I completely believed the advert.

I'm an intelligent grown up and I believed the advert and it would 'grow back'. I was looking forward to watching this in amazement like a little kid, bit in in anticipation, waited and waited.

Nothing.....IT DOES NOT GROW BACK....lying bastards

Well I know it couldn't grow grow back, but I thought it maybe had a secret ingredient like ice magic which hardened over ice cream [ice cream]

Nothing, Nadda , Zilch

Are they really allowed to lie like this, I thought adverts had to be truthful or have small print.

SodaStreamy Thu 02-May-13 01:35:32

It should not be allowed though.......I believed it was going to grow back.

Because in a way I thought that might just be possible

They say and actually say 'It grows back' it DOES NOT grow back

Why are they allowed too lie like this

SodaStreamy Thu 02-May-13 01:36:51

I even squinted my eyes and believed it was growing back until my children fell about on the floor laughing

VitoCorleone Thu 02-May-13 09:31:21

I dont get that advert, what do they mean then?

melika Thu 02-May-13 11:18:31

From the very start, I thought this ad had underlying message, does no one else get it??

freddiefrog Thu 02-May-13 11:23:51

You should complain

It's like perle du lait yogurts

I've been eating that shit for weeks but my hair is still a mess!

grin

its quite obvious at the end of the advert when she looks at the bitten icecream and shrugs that it was just fantasy and it doesn't grow back.

Where is it false advertising?

WandOfElderNeverProsper Thu 02-May-13 15:57:59

Isn't it a play on the product name and the tagline of "chocolate pleasure that stays with you longer" or whatever it is. I.e its so rich and special and lovely you'll be thinking about it for ages, and the experience will stay with you - not that it actually grows back.
However you should complain to magnum (is it Unilever?) And see what freebies you get grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now