Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think dogs are too needy?

(59 Posts)
MardyBra Tue 30-Apr-13 18:14:22

Cats rule.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 30-Apr-13 23:16:15

I love my dog,he is my furry child.
Yes they need your time and you have to be there for them but theyre the best companions and more loyal than a cat.you know the deal when you get a dog,that they need a lot of attention but to be fair i guess thats why you get one!if i didnt want to do that id just get a goldfish.

rainbowsprite1 Wed 01-May-13 00:31:28

Cats (& hens!) here. I have 3 cats but one is very special. I have DD1 age 6 who is mildly ASD. Cat knows where all DD1's cuddly toys have to be lined up on her bed, so she sleeps in the gap made for her, when she isnt under the covers with DD1 being cuddled like a stuffed toy. I have never met a cat like it. If we ever have a rough bedtime all is OK as long as the cat is curled up with her.

PariahHairy Wed 01-May-13 02:02:35

My dog is very needy, he is my shadow, apart from when I actually want him to be hmm. He tries to get in my clothes, he is exactly like another ds2.

So glad I didn't decide to have another baby, because ds2 is a bit jealous of him tbh, will race him to my lap in Sheldon "that's my spot" way grin. He is still a young puppy though.

Twattybollocks Wed 01-May-13 06:36:43

Some dogs are very needy, some aren't. Don't like cats tho, they are two faced and the best they can do (admit there are some exceptions) is cupboard love.

HoneyDragon Wed 01-May-13 06:47:41

Are 28 kilo dogs not meant to sit on your lap, then? confused

HoneyDragon Wed 01-May-13 06:49:42

Kate

It think as no one else has arrived you can assume, dogs, is the official Mumsnet stance on the subject.

Dawndonna Wed 01-May-13 07:07:00

The damn dog here is too needy. Started scratching at half three. I finally got up at five. Give him credit, he do go out and do something. But I've got an up to my ears day with different hospital appointments today, with different members of the family at differenet hospitals!

KellyElly Wed 01-May-13 09:16:53

My cats are needier than any dogs I know grin

MERLYPUSS Wed 01-May-13 12:47:20

I cant see the point of either. Ive had both. They both make mess, demand feeding, shit in your garden, and shed hair. Dogs require walks.
Before I had kids I couldn't contemplate not having a dog. Now they are just another expense. Oh, and they smell. But then so do kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now