to not get what is wrong with 'squash'?

(128 Posts)

I guess this is a bit of thread about a thread blush A lot of people on another thread are saying they don't like their DC having squash but will allow fruit juice or smoothies. I am wondering why?
My first choice of drink for DS is water or milk. But he is allowed squash, juice or milkshake occasionally.

EleanorFarjeon Thu 02-May-13 22:14:11

We have never given squash or fruit juice to dcs. Never offered an alternative to water or milk, so they didn't get a taste for anything else.

We'd have concerns about sugars & acids. They get enough vitamins from actual fruit.

I have at least 8 fillings so I am paranoid about their teeth as I'd be gutted if they had any decay.

MinimalistMommi Fri 03-May-13 09:46:48

We buy the sweetener free high juice squash stuff on Waitrose. I think sweeteners are more harmful to health then sugar. The high juice is fifty percent squash and fifty percent juice and you dilute with water. my DC drink it every day.

my boys have drunk it every day since they were little - almost 13 and 12 now and no fillings at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now