Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to wish Robert Downey Jnr would stop making blockbusters

(55 Posts)
carlajean Sat 27-Apr-13 22:37:51

I'm off to see Iron Man III tomorrow, but I'd love to see RDJ in a non-blockbuster film. he's such a good actor and I'd like to see him in something like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang again.
(yes, a totally frivolous thread, I know)

elQuintoConyo Sat 27-Apr-13 22:40:57

Oh, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang <swoons>

He told Empire that he'd be happy to spend the rest of his career bouncing between Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes. Good god, I hope not <wails>

I loved his Chaplin and his slimey murdering bastard in Short Cuts.

carlajean Sat 27-Apr-13 22:44:52

I do love him in Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, but it's such a waste...

PoppyWearer Sat 27-Apr-13 22:45:32

How TF does he plan to win an Oscar doing this shite?

carlajean Sat 27-Apr-13 22:46:16

I don't think he's bothered

AgentZigzag Sat 27-Apr-13 22:47:27

I love him <sick smile>

Wonder whether he's got any nob attachments to his suit...?

You lucky fucker going to see III tomorrow, come back and give us a review please?

carlajean Sat 27-Apr-13 22:50:01

will do smile . I just hope it's as good as Iron Man, and not as crap as Iron Man II.

CatelynStark Sat 27-Apr-13 22:50:18

I saw Iron Man 3 today. 'Twas BRILL! grin

CoolStoryBro Sat 27-Apr-13 22:52:06

I wouldn't care if he spent thd rest of his career playing IronMan 50000 times. He does a brilliant Ironman!

carlajean Sat 27-Apr-13 22:56:28

it's like it was written for him, but he is capable of so much more. If any of you haven't seen him in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, watch it, it's great(I think that I'll have to go and watch that Elton John video he did again)

MrsBombastic Sat 27-Apr-13 22:57:52

I'm going to see Ion Man 3 on weds... I love him in anything TBH. grin

Talkinpeace Sat 27-Apr-13 23:11:06
TidyDancer Sat 27-Apr-13 23:12:52

I loved him back in the Less Than Zero days.

And I agree with the Elton John video. Loved that.

Also his stint in Ally McBeal.

peeriebear Sat 27-Apr-13 23:13:06

I'd watch him cleaning out my pond. I'd FILM IT.

I wouldn't watch Iron Man or Sherlock Holmes but I do think he's a good actor.

Wish he'd make something interesting - apologies to those who think the above are good but to me they are tripe

Trill Sat 27-Apr-13 23:17:18

Am I horribly young that the first thing I remember him in is Ally McBeal?

I have no wish to see Iron Man 3 and I saw 10 minutes of Sherlock and thought it was shit.

But RDJ is my older man crush. I have no idea why but I would very happily do things to him

TidyDancer Sat 27-Apr-13 23:18:54

Trill, other than LTZ, that's what I know him from. I'm 29 btw.

Trill Sat 27-Apr-13 23:30:56

I really like the Elton John video where Elton John (right, MO) realises that wed much rather look at RDJ than at him.

Trill Sat 27-Apr-13 23:33:56
AgentZigzag Sat 27-Apr-13 23:36:26

I was a bit hmm about the Hollywoodising of Sherlock (I used to like watching Jeremy Brett in the ITV versions grin), but RDJ/JL combo was really good and the Guy Ritchie treatment did wonders for it.

GreenPeppercorn Sat 27-Apr-13 23:38:49

Look, I didn't want to have to do this, but, I have made a very personal film that involves me and RDJ. For the bargain price of just £500 I can grant you access to that film. No.......?

GreenPeppercorn Sat 27-Apr-13 23:39:56

It might sound like he is screaming to get away but that's just how we roll.

AgentZigzag Sat 27-Apr-13 23:49:01

Well he never mentioned that to me as I was locking him in the shed Green, words will have to be had I think.

AgentZigzag Sat 27-Apr-13 23:52:05

Just thinking about how bad those posts would sound if it was a man saying it about an actress shock

<flicks over to shedcam to see how iron man suit progressing...realises fatal flaw in plan that he's only an actor>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now