To like Keith Lemon?

(29 Posts)
Kasterborous Sat 27-Apr-13 22:26:15

Yes I know he's a character and rude, but I think he is so funny and him hosting Celebrity Juice had me howling with laughter without fail.

NumTumDeDum Sat 27-Apr-13 22:26:47

Yabu. Bleurgh.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 27-Apr-13 22:33:36

He is undoubtedly filthy, crude, unashamed and not for the faint hearted, but god he makes me laugh. grin

It's all very tongue in cheek. He's not cruel or nasty. I'd rather watch him than someone like that bloody Frankie Boyle.

cardibach Sat 27-Apr-13 22:37:31

YABU. I can't bear people who could say 'th' but say 'f' out of choice. bloody stupid and annoying. Plus he isn't funny.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 27-Apr-13 22:42:38

Cardibach you do realise that part of the joke is that he's laughing at his own caricature, don't you? He's not a real person.

Kasterborous Sat 27-Apr-13 22:44:44

So two for and two against so far including my OP.

TheCunnyFunt Sat 27-Apr-13 22:47:01

He's so awful he's brilliant grin I love him!

cardibach Sat 27-Apr-13 22:47:45

I do, Ilove . I realise he is laughing at how terrifically funny he is. Trouble is, he isn't. Not even a bit. And the 'th' for 'f' is just fucking annoying.

pictish Sat 27-Apr-13 22:48:27

Against. His attitude to women is crud...ironic or not.
I think I'm getting old. I find him yappy.

BabsAndTheRu Sat 27-Apr-13 22:48:54

I'm with you op, love him, very funny, the repeats late at night have kept me awake through many a night feed.

He's up there, just behind Will Ferrell and Sasha Barron Cohen on my list of people who make me laugh the most. IMO YNBU smile

ClaraOswald Sat 27-Apr-13 22:50:17

I would rather drown myself in a vat of Olive oil than watch that odious creature.

Kasterborous Sat 27-Apr-13 22:53:05

Are you a Doctor Who fan ClaraOswald? Just asking because of your name.

ClaraOswald Sat 27-Apr-13 23:19:41

I am.

It's a recent name change, and the new series started at the right time.

MrsHiddleston Sat 27-Apr-13 23:20:25

YABU.... I have nothing else to say on the matter, except he gives me the shivers!

Kasterborous Sat 27-Apr-13 23:21:18

Me too, I love Doctor Who. I also name changed recently to a more Doctor Who type one.

likeitorlumpit Sat 27-Apr-13 23:29:28

yanbu agree with cunnyfunt

EnidRollins Sat 27-Apr-13 23:32:59

He's quite funny, but repulsive at the same time. grin
What I DO find horrendous is the fact that on taking my primary school junior child to school the other day, I passed by two chatting schoolchildren (aged 9.)
"Did you watch Keith Lemon last night?!"

WTF? What are you even doing at that age watching Keith Lemon!

SucksToBeMe Sat 27-Apr-13 23:33:18

YABU!

MNBlackpoolandFylde Sat 27-Apr-13 23:35:23

I know someone who met him in real life when he was not being his characted and said he was lovely but he makes my skin crawl!

comewithmeandtakethiscity Sat 27-Apr-13 23:50:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

intheshed Sun 28-Apr-13 00:01:46

Yeuch, awful misogynist programme. And yes I've watched it (thanks MIL hmm)

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 28-Apr-13 00:04:17

I would rather drown myself in a vat of Olive oil than watch bloody Doctor Who.

Well, perhaps not, but by god it's flicking boring now. I think I've outgrown it. I loved it when it first came back and it was Christopher Ecclestone and I even liked David Tennants doctor with Rose and Donna. But I cannot warm to Matt Smith. Amy Pond was irritating beyond belief and I can't watch it now, it's like watching a kids programme.

Bring back Russell T Davies. sad

Sorry Kaster! Still love Keith Lemon. Can't watch his life story thingy, find that a bit cringy actually, but CJ is quite funny.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sun 28-Apr-13 00:06:01

I love flicking as a swear word. Not got quite the same punch as fucking but you get the gist.

wtf1981 Sun 28-Apr-13 00:10:22

Each to their own.
He can be amusing, though ridiculous, and is probably a completely normal bloke in real life so good on him for making a living from doing silly things and talking nonsense!!
Pinch of salt!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now