Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU for being a gay guy who has read this forum for ages, loves it, doesn't have a child, and yet still joined

(110 Posts)
HoveringKestrel Sat 27-Apr-13 22:16:35

I don't want to impose on Parents space, but a lot of my friends have said...."someone has just said on mumsnet something you said the other day" and "you need tto join mumsnet", "you'll love people who are mumsnet"

I wanted to join. I really like it andd I'm level headed.

Am I encrouching on you?

kim147 Sat 27-Apr-13 22:18:57

They let anyone on here (well within reason) grin

Just follow the rules.

There's lots of rules. You'll find them out.

Of course not everybody is welcome here we are not as bad as some people think!! grinthanks

YouDontWinFriendsWithSalad Sat 27-Apr-13 22:19:57

No! Come on in.

LemonPeculiarJones Sat 27-Apr-13 22:20:59

YANBU smile

Pile in!

gordyslovesheep Germany Sat 27-Apr-13 22:21:50

YANBU - join us <does scary hypno eyes>

HoveringKestrel Sat 27-Apr-13 22:21:50

haha thank you. I promise I won't be outragious or anything. I'm much more about life's little dilemmas.

I think I'd rather a Welcome rather than a reminder about the Rules smile

idiot55 Sat 27-Apr-13 22:22:55

WELCOME

There are many non parents, men and people of all sexual orientations, makes us all the better imo!

You can be be outrageous if you want we don't mind smile

almostanotherday Sat 27-Apr-13 22:23:32

Hiya thanks

Have a wine and pull up a chair

Welcome to Mumsnet. We love newbies grin smile wink thanks wine brew

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 27-Apr-13 22:24:01

Hello, and welcome. wine or brew?

You do know we're a nest of vipers, yeah?

Twattybollocks Sat 27-Apr-13 22:24:06

Welcome :0)
Fwiw I rarely come on mn to discuss my kids, I come on here to talk to other adults, swear, and be entertained by all the stories I read on chat/aibu.

SanityClause Sat 27-Apr-13 22:24:12

Lots of people on here don't have children, however, they have all been children. Weird, huh?

Yabu for mentioning you are gay and male!! Everyone is welcome here and none of that matters!!! smile

Welcome grin

kim147 Sat 27-Apr-13 22:24:41

There's rules on AIBU.
Only post on AIBU if you are prepared to admit you are BU.
<Like I ever do>

Welcome aboard.

SirChenjin Sat 27-Apr-13 22:24:48

Not at all - come on in and join the madness grin

Punkatheart Sat 27-Apr-13 22:25:29

Hello there you! Lovely to have someone come in at a different angle. Have fun. It's a very supportive group when you need it, rabble if you want a fight and it has also made me cry. With laughter too.

SconeRhymesWithGone United States Sat 27-Apr-13 22:25:35

They even let Americans in here. grin

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Sat 27-Apr-13 22:25:53

nah, come on in.

mumsnet is the most incorrectly named site on the internet grin

I'm not actually convinced any parenting related talk even happens on here.

elQuintoConyo Sat 27-Apr-13 22:26:03

Hello! Welcome! <c'mon in emoticon>

At some point you'll have to insert the word 'yoni' into your name for a short time suggests hoveringyoni actually I'm talking shit

Have some wine

Shakey1500 Greece Sat 27-Apr-13 22:26:11

Welcome. Would you care for a wine?

HoveringKestrel Sat 27-Apr-13 22:27:48

I think I find it intimidating, I've started a couple of posts already without disclaiming I don't have kids (I'm 25, give me a chance haha) but this ssite is so....like.....influenciaal, I wanted to k now me being here wouldn't be against policy as it is primarily a parent site

ClaraOswald Sat 27-Apr-13 22:28:05

As long as you aren't a complete and total twunt, there's no need to be diffident about posting. If you are a complete twunt, you wouldn't give a monkeys anyway and would post whatever you liked however you liked.

So, welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now