to want to rip the head off the bastard who just stole my daughter's BRAND NEW BIKE?

(157 Posts)
Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 18:56:56

I'm so fucking cross I could scream
DDs brand new Isla bike which she's waited ages for us to find the money to buy has just been stolen.
Locked up outside the library.
5pm.
DP was there at 4.55 getting on his bike to go home.
When DD and I got there at 5.05, it was gone.
Some fucking low life thieving bastard now has it.
I fucking hate thieves. Really would like to fucking pummel the bastard's face in. He's probably really pleased with his day's work.
And my daughter is distraught.
Fucking animal.
AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

sorry, need to let it out

SoleSource Sat 27-Apr-13 18:58:42

sad

Are you insured for it?

So sorry, I feel for you all.

PatPig Sat 27-Apr-13 18:58:42

What happened to the lock?

5madthings Sat 27-Apr-13 18:58:58

Oh no sad did you have it marked with your postcode etc? Guess not as its new.

Report to police and keep an eye on gumtree, ebay etc.

LegoAcupuncture Sat 27-Apr-13 19:01:52

How awful sad

Can you claim on house insurance?

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:02:18

Locks (two) cut off.
How did no-one see?
Not marked but we made a note of serial number.
Excess on insurance 350. Bike cost 350.
Police were there in seconds and scouted around.

dexter73 Sat 27-Apr-13 19:03:58

I doubt you would be covered by insurance as the bike was out of the house. They are indeed bastards but looking on gumtree etc. is a good idea.

PatPig Sat 27-Apr-13 19:04:19

I've cut a lock of my bike, nobody is bovvered tbh.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sat 27-Apr-13 19:07:30

sad

That's awful!

You can't leave a bike anywhere can youangry

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:09:28

No, feel sick about it.
Keep thinking, if only I had been quicker in the shop, if only DP had waited for us, if only .....

PatPig Sat 27-Apr-13 19:10:36

You can leave a bike, but it depends a lot on the bike, the area and the lock. A worthwhile lock weighs over 1kg.

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:10:55

It's a beautiful bike.
And someone will buy it - it is BRAND NEW - who would buy it knowing it's a kid's brand new bike which has obviously been stolen?
AAAAGGGHHHH

PatPig Sat 27-Apr-13 19:10:57

Where did it get taken from OP?

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:12:03

Area very nice - in fact I have seen lots of bikes unlocked around the area. Police said bike theft not really an issue.
Ecxept for today.

PatPig Sat 27-Apr-13 19:12:11

Lots of kids bikes get little use, people won't necessarily know its stolen.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sat 27-Apr-13 19:13:17

Look out on your local facebook selling pages.

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:13:18

Outside the library in West Bridgford, Nottingham. Very open, very public. Loads of people all the time.

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:14:31

Didn't know facebook had selling pages!

PatPig Sat 27-Apr-13 19:15:20

Check ebay, also post on sits like these http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/stolen-bikes.24/

Skinnywhippet Sat 27-Apr-13 19:15:22

Ah, Nottingham.

Plomino Sat 27-Apr-13 19:19:47

Oh the bastards . Try gumtree particularly , lots of stolen bikes get found on there . Also eBay . Local classifieds too although these days Internet is obviously more popular . Ring the local papers , try and prick someone 's conscience . Hopefully the fact you have a serial number will help,if it gets found .

We find loads and loads of bikes , but can't restore many because we can't identify them as people have no records of property marks or identity numbers .

Fuckers . Your poor DD . I'd be beyond furious .

quoteunquote Sat 27-Apr-13 19:24:01

any CCTV?

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:26:22

DP talked to police outside the library.
There was a white bike parked up next to where ours were which hadn't been there when DP left.
He decided to wait and see if anyone came back for it.
As he was waiting around (not long), some boys started to look at it and a bloke came over.
Bloke then phoned police - basically the white bike was his son's and had been stolen earlier.
The thief obviously cycled around to see if he could find anything better. So he dumped the bike he'd stolen earlier and left it there, cycling off on DDs' bike.

Jinty64 Sat 27-Apr-13 19:27:34

As you have the exact time there may be CCTV that police can look at. A good idea plomino to go to the local papers.

Rowlers Sat 27-Apr-13 19:29:48

No CCTV anywhere in Bridgford.
Plomino - when you say ring local papers - do you mean as a story or to ask about classified ads?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now