To be so angry I want to go round there and give them all a peace of my mind...

(32 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Sat 27-Apr-13 17:24:28

Mercedes (in our area) are as useful as a chocolate fire guard... 
1) trying for six weeks to get car booked in for a service. Got nowhere you would think I was trying to get an appointment with the Pop
2) they never return calls, very f@@king irritating 
3) they just called to say they had serviced my car but they FORGOT, yes FORGOT to replace my worn and faulty breaks but were happy for me to pick it up and drive off in it tomorrow. I have to be on the road a lot because of work so I wonder what they would have said had I crashed due to faulty breaks.... 

To say the least I just kicked off..... I don't expect a response but I have to have rant. angry

thenightsky Sat 27-Apr-13 18:56:49

LittlePeaPod They were meant to service it but kept ringing me coz they said this and that extra was needed (bill was coming to about £500). They rang again and I said 'Oh God, what now?' They said we've had a little accident with your car.

Its a fairly small town and I found out a few months later from someone that the mechanic had taken it out for a blast and then took the traction control off and spun the back end round on wet leaves on a bend. Car went sideways down a deep ditch and was completely written off. I also heard that this particular model is often taken out on fun-runs by the mechanics angry

LittlePeaPod Sat 27-Apr-13 19:11:48

Thenightsky thats terrible.. I hope they compensated you well for it.. Would you mind if I email you my model? You don't have to tell me yours. Just yes it's the model or no it's not the model will do...

thenightsky Sat 27-Apr-13 19:19:10

They had to source another car for me (its not made anymore and is quite rare). Then they had the bare-faced cheek to ask me to make a 2k contribution due to the only one they found being six months newer!

We settled when I took a litigation lawyer to the meeting with me (the son of an old friend of mine who fancied an hour's sport) wink

Oh... the model of car (the replacement) is on my profile.... the little silver grey one.

ComposHat Sun 28-Apr-13 02:08:37

Is it the Smart Roadster? If always fancied a drive of them. It doesn't seem to have the hairdresser car stigma the Mazda Mx5 has.

LittlePeaPod Sun 28-Apr-13 06:00:20

Brilliant, I bet they didn't know why to do with themselves with a lawyer present. Ha ha ha

Well played and by the way nice car.....

thenightsky Sun 28-Apr-13 14:23:09

Yes, it is a Smart Brabus Roadie. I love it but it is a continual work in progress and very needy.

ComposHat Sun 28-Apr-13 21:32:42

The Brabus is the performance one isn't it? I'm wildly jealous, a Toyota Corolla doesn't give the same thrill and spills.

I love, nimble, lightweight cars like the Smart Roadster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now