Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think what I did wasn't dangerous?

(33 Posts)
UnicornHorn Sat 27-Apr-13 13:56:26

Booked a teeth whitening appointment, turned up Monday morning at 7:50am (appointment booked for 8:00am) and get a text to say my appointments been cancelled.

Book in again for Thursday, sit waiting for an hour and he doesn't bother to show up. Ring up and he ignores my calls.

I'm leaving the office on Friday evening and think instead of ringing again I'll just go into the place and speak to him myself. Walk in, ask the receptionist if I could see him, told to sit down in the waiting room.

He comes in after 15 minutes all flustered and says he doesn't have time to talk now but he'll call me later. Shockingly he did ... he rang me and ranted at me to say what I did was very dangerous because he was in the middle of treating a client and it was very dangerous for him to leave the room and leave them unattended to come and see me.

Erm ... I was sat quietly in the waiting room, I wasn't banging on the door demanding to see him. confused

aibu?

HellesBelles396 Sat 27-Apr-13 13:57:35

yanbu. I would change clinics.

Sparklingbrook Sat 27-Apr-13 13:58:17

YANBU. He sounds bonkers. confused If it was dangerous then he shouldn't have left them should he? hope you re book somewhere else.

Finola1step Sat 27-Apr-13 13:59:09

No YANBU but you would probably be foolish to let this man whiten your teeth! I would be going elsewhere. He sounds rather unprofessional.

TheBigJessie Sat 27-Apr-13 13:59:48

It seems to me that it was entirely his decision not to tell the receptionist, "Oh right, can you tell her I'll be out to see her when I can, but she'll have to wait because I'm in the middle of a procedure". And then to come out when he'd finished.

I mean, that was what you were expecting, wasn't it? You didn't demand to see him right now.

Sparklingbrook Sat 27-Apr-13 13:59:58

I would be tempted to send an email explaining why you are going elsewhere.

Saddayinspring2 Sat 27-Apr-13 14:00:38

Ridiculous behaviour.. He could have messaged his receptionist or asked you to wait.
Don't rebook.

UnicornHorn Sat 27-Apr-13 14:00:48

It's bloody ridiculous. Sadly it's a groupon offer so they've already taken my money. Otherwise I would have told him to stuff it the second time he didn't bother to show up.

TheBigJessie Sat 27-Apr-13 14:01:13

P.S. I would change clinics!

Sounds like you've had a lucky escape! What a weirdo.

UnicornHorn Sat 27-Apr-13 14:03:48

I mean, that was what you were expecting, wasn't it? You didn't demand to see him right now

Yes exactly. I just said can I see X please? She did look a little taken back but then just said yes, go and wait in the waiting room upstairs. And so I was sat there quietly waiting for him.

Szeli Sat 27-Apr-13 14:05:41

Contact groupon for a refund. They'll want to know that he's behaving like this as is affects their rep too x

AnyoneforTurps Sat 27-Apr-13 14:05:57

YANBU. Good grief, if I couldn't work safely (as a GP) just because there was someone waiting to speak to me in the waiting room, I'd be killing off a couple of hundred patients a week wink.

ihearsounds Sat 27-Apr-13 14:08:09

Contact Groupon. They do refunds.

hairtearing Sat 27-Apr-13 14:14:29

Yanbu , he sounds a bit unhinged, our local dentist is unhinged too, he shuts the surgery everyday for like 2 hours and makes all his staff go for a walk.

whois Sat 27-Apr-13 14:35:34

Get a refund from groupon. His behaviour is super odd and unprofessional

Bearbehind Sat 27-Apr-13 14:46:49

Nutter- he chose to leave the patient unattended as I presume you didn't demand he came out to see you immediately.

Refund or not- there's no way I'd let him near my mouth with things with the potential to hurt!

MmeThenardier Sat 27-Apr-13 15:17:59

Contact groupon and tell them he admits doing things which are dangerous to his patients. Really wouldn't want to see him...

Lora1982 Sat 27-Apr-13 15:22:25

Hahaaa i want a job there

Lora1982 Sat 27-Apr-13 15:23:10

At the place which shuts for two hours walking time i wouldnt walk

EllaFitzgerald Sat 27-Apr-13 15:27:33

If he's willing to leave his client in such terrible danger while he goes next door to tell you he's too busy to speak to you, I don't think I'd want him anywhere near my teeth. He sounds unhinged!

Wolfcub Sat 27-Apr-13 15:52:08

if he's actually a dentist then you should probably consider reporting him to the gdc

andubelievedthat Sat 27-Apr-13 15:53:45

that guy is a nut job ,avoid

poppycock6 Sat 27-Apr-13 16:03:04

Sounds weird. There are people out there carrying out tooth whitening illegally. Is he actually a dental professional?

ENormaSnob Sat 27-Apr-13 16:04:19

Don't let this nut job near your teeth.

Contact groupon for money back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now