to think this just isn't right...(first world problem/petty/lighth earted/need to get a grip)

(70 Posts)
Bobyan Fri 26-Apr-13 22:28:20

I have baked a chocolate cake, complete with chocolate buttercream and chocolate fondant icing on top.
"D"H has served the cake by cutting it down the middle into two halves and then cutting these halves into slices (like you would a loaf of bread - so all the slices vary in sizes).
AIBU to think that this is just wrong? I have pointed out that you don't see restaurants hacking cutting cakes like this. Also it means that the cake doesn't stay as fresh.

Am pretty pissed off.

MagicHouse Fri 26-Apr-13 22:31:03

Very, very wrong. LTB

What Magic said. Don't know what the world's coming to these days.

What's he going to do now? eat it? Have it and eat it? Throw away the silly bits he's created at the ends? Wank badger's too good for him.

Doodledumdums Fri 26-Apr-13 22:34:14

He needs to go to husband school! He can go with my DH, he'd probably cut a cake like that too!

Jesus on transport I've just realised you stood there and bloody baked the thing and made the buttercream and the icing?! And he cut it in half? I'm incoherent on your behalf.

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 22:34:25

Did you know he was this odd before you got married?

If you did I've no sympathy I'm afraid, you made your bed...

LTB?

Bobyan Fri 26-Apr-13 22:36:43

But I love him, he's a great Dad, he works really hard and he cooks once a week...

DXBMermaid Fri 26-Apr-13 22:40:33

But he butchered your cake!

Only solution is now to just scoff all of it to prevent it from going stale smile

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 22:41:00

I'm sure he's all those things, but cake is cake is cake, innit?

MagicHouse Fri 26-Apr-13 22:44:30

Sorry, but this is a big red flag, and deep down I think you know it.

Bobyan Fri 26-Apr-13 22:45:39

I feel that this is one issue too much, he also cuts his food into geometrically accurate squares before he eats them too. And he has previously toasted English muffins whole without slicing them into two.

I'm fucked aren't I?

This is only acceptable when cutting a ma-hoo-sive fruit cake.

He what? You cut the slice you want to eat the leave the rest. What is wrong with him?

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Fri 26-Apr-13 22:48:19

KILL HIM

MagicHouse Fri 26-Apr-13 22:48:30

This is only acceptable when cutting a ma-hoo-sive fruit cake. Travelin, this is never acceptable. Your advice is really unhelpful.
Can't stop thinking about those slices...... where's the wine

Ah but you're supposed to toast the whole muffin then split then b and j. I prefer split then toast then butter then marmite but I am a commoner.

Can you get this post moved to relationships? I feel you will need more support.

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 22:50:37

sad It's OK Bob, we're here for you <sympathetically cuts piece of comfort plumbread longways to go with tea made with lemon and honey>

Jinty64 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:51:12

Well now it's ruined cut, can I have a bit?

Jinty64 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:52:27

That would save it going stale. Just saying.

Travelin is right <ducks>. DM and I had to intervene to stop American waiters cutting DB & SIL's 12" wedding cake into 16 portions.

Someone at work cut a round cake I brought in into squares (plus the odd edge triangles you get). I nearly decided never to bring cake into work again. YANBU. He needs to make you another one. Plus flowers, chocolates and wine.

TheSecondComing Fri 26-Apr-13 23:00:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bobyan Fri 26-Apr-13 23:01:43

Do you think I should start a support / handholding thread?
Passes variously sizes "slices" of cakes around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now