TO buy myself a luxurious briefcase in celebration of my new job?

(40 Posts)
IDoTakeTwo Fri 26-Apr-13 21:27:01

I have nabbed myself a cool job. It is creative and I think it will be fun.

I have been eying a rather luscious briefcase, laptop carrier type thing.

I probably don't really need it, but it is sooooo pretty, and obviously will make me more professional, more highly regarded in my field. I bet it will even make me thinner, with improved muscle tone.

Aibu to buy it?wwyd?wwsd?

Links please
Plus PRECISE details of your job
Then household income and inhabitants
Then a detailed list of your closest friends and family
An itinerary of your commute
The proposed contents of the briefcase

Only after I have examined each of these facts will I be in a position to tell you what I think you should do grin

MagicHouse Fri 26-Apr-13 21:33:37

You definitely need to have it, and make sure you swing it about in a stylish manner grin

IDoTakeTwo Fri 26-Apr-13 21:45:40

www.crumpler.eu/index.cfm?seite=big-deal&sprache=EN&productID=4912

That's as much as you are getting. Job deets would make me identifiable to anyone who cared.

I lurve it

Disappearing Fri 26-Apr-13 21:47:51

yanbu, and what a great discount, just do it, and quick!

I love a bargain discount grin

Piffpaffpoff Fri 26-Apr-13 21:48:31

Every time I got a new job I used to buy myself an expensive (for me at least) new fancy handbag, so I say go for it!! (so says the SAHM now reduced to living vicariously through others wink)

IDoTakeTwo Fri 26-Apr-13 21:55:55

You think it is nice? I've wanted it for ages, but current job would make me a briefcase wanker if I bought it.

Was not sure if it represented something bigger than a briefcase to me and was actually not very nice.

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 22:00:51

Well done getting the job smile

Of course you need the briefcase, you deserve it!

iheartdusty Fri 26-Apr-13 22:02:15

it is absolutely the dog's bolleaux.

gedditgedditgeddit.

Piffpaffpoff Fri 26-Apr-13 22:03:35

Well, since you ask, the brown is not my cup of tea (I'd go for the black) but I am supremely boring and dull. I expect someone cool and creative will come along and reassure you!

It does look spectacularly practical though, which appeals to me - nothing worse than trying to cram work stuff in a too-small bag and have stuff tumbling out all over the place. I am drawn to the multitude of pockets and stuff!

Disappearing Fri 26-Apr-13 22:04:23

I think it's quite funky, I like the little crumpler logo, I imagine it's like what a bike courier would choose if they grew up got a sensible job.

It's great, g'wan!

My only reservation would be that you'd look a bit brand new, with a shiny new bag, but then of course you would be brand new in the job, so that's OK then.

suebfg Fri 26-Apr-13 22:07:58

I don't like it sorry ...

Disappearing Fri 26-Apr-13 22:10:01

Just reminded me of when I returned to work, following mat leave, my laptop had been returned to the IT dept while I was away, and my laptop bag had been returned with it!!! Anyhoo, the bag had disappeared without trace, luckily it wasn't valuable and I wasn't particularly attached to it. The IT bods had a rake around to see if they could find me a replacement bag, which they duly did, and brought round. The nasty bag which I received was humungous, well used, dusty, and had a huge dead spider in it!! I was sad.

IDoTakeTwo Fri 26-Apr-13 22:11:30

I could buy it now, as job starts in 3 months and break it in, so I don't look a saddo.

Sorely tempted!!!!

StuffezLaYoni Fri 26-Apr-13 22:11:52

I don't like it but had a silent snigger at the idea of you being a briefcase wanker! If you can afford it, buy it.

tigerdriverII Fri 26-Apr-13 22:14:39

I don't like it either, sorry. But I do think you should get a nice briefcase to celebrate your job. Congratulations!

It DOES look a little bit like a bottom, though wink

LayMizzRarb Fri 26-Apr-13 22:20:33

I don't like it, but that is totally irrelevant! Everyone has different personal tastes in bags.

Congratulations - if it does not cause you to go into debt then you go for it, and ENJOY it!

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 22:21:13

I can't even come close to having an opinion on whether it's a good briefcase or not (having never had cause to own a briefcase, and not even a mild handbag fetish), but agree with Piff that multiple pockets and stuff are always a good thing in a bag.

IDoTakeTwo Fri 26-Apr-13 22:21:47

Ha ha enjoy your snigger.

Have you seen any nicer ones about then?

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 22:22:39

*Apart from if you're looking for something quickly with someone waiting for it in front of you, and embarrassingly have to look through every single pocket twice to find it.

apostropheuse Fri 26-Apr-13 22:22:55

Congratulations on your new job! You buy it if you like it!

To be honest, I don't like it, but hey it's not me that would be using it.

racmun Fri 26-Apr-13 22:23:55

It's a bit like a bowling ball bag

But if you love it get it- it's pretty reasonable and if you use it every day cost per wear it will work great vfm!!

ecclesvet Fri 26-Apr-13 22:29:21

It's huge!

ryanboy Fri 26-Apr-13 22:37:26

a new briefcase? rock n roll!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now