Because DH thinks I am

(39 Posts)
Worriedmumofan8yearoldgirl Fri 26-Apr-13 16:37:10

Because we are ttc and I am nauseous and bloated and POAS 4 days early and it came back with a faint line and well... DH thinks its too early to be a definite positive because it faded... Whereas I think a line is a line right?

Aibu or is he?

SillyBlueHat Fri 26-Apr-13 20:49:22

I spent a fortune on tests and they were all really faint. 2 years on and the result is most definitely visible. Very audible too.

Tee2072 Fri 26-Apr-13 20:55:52

Yup. A line is a line.

Congratulations!

MikeOxard Fri 26-Apr-13 21:21:17

congratulations!

Whatalotofpiffle Fri 26-Apr-13 21:52:42

I had a faint line 4 days early and it was

KatAndKit Fri 26-Apr-13 21:55:23

A line is a line. Generally so-called false positives are actually chemical pregnancies which you wouldn't have known about if you hadn't been early testing. This is probably why your DH doesn't want to get too excited this early. Test again in a couple of days with a nice Clearblue Digital - you can argue about a line but nobody can dispute it when they see the word in front of them!

Worriedmumofan8yearoldgirl Fri 26-Apr-13 22:08:11

Thank you all lovely people.

I will keep everything crossed and test in a few days to see what's what unless the dreaded monthly turns up!!

Worriedmumofan8yearoldgirl Sun 05-May-13 10:07:47

Well a lesson to be learned from me to never poas early again as I started bleeding heavily today sad and as someone else mentioned its a crushing feeling especially as I was 4 days late and hoping to do a test tomorrow to confirm sad

Oh well.

Back to the beginning again then!

StuntGirl Sun 05-May-13 10:10:31

I'm sorry worried sad Hope you get lucky next time flowers

ChunkyChicken Sun 05-May-13 10:17:00

Sorry to hear that worried. If its any reassurance, I had that last Feb, a couple of faint positives then a heavy bleed. However, the result of the next month's positive test is currently snoring gently into the crook of my neck having posseted in my hair so it can happen again, & quickly. Good luck.

everlong Sun 05-May-13 10:24:20

Was just about to say don't build your hopes OP as whenever I've had a very very faint line I've always started bleeding shortly after. A chemical pregnancy.

I'm sorry you're disappointed, best of luck next time.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Sun 05-May-13 10:27:08

That is dissapointing. Darn that AF. thanks brew

Whitewineformeplease Sun 05-May-13 10:27:21

So sorry OP thanks

Oh, sorry worried keep DTD you will get your line smile

Maggie111 Sun 05-May-13 10:29:25

I am not sure what the faint line means if it fades away.

I once had a false positive, it was absolutely heartbreaking - from then on I always peed into disposable shot glasses so I could use the same urine to dip twice if I needed too... Needless to say when I finally got my BFP I dipped about 4 sticks into it blush

Good luck - one will be there soon!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now