Because DH thinks I am

(39 Posts)
Worriedmumofan8yearoldgirl Fri 26-Apr-13 16:37:10

Because we are ttc and I am nauseous and bloated and POAS 4 days early and it came back with a faint line and well... DH thinks its too early to be a definite positive because it faded... Whereas I think a line is a line right?

Aibu or is he?

Ruprekt Fri 26-Apr-13 16:38:22

No such thing as a false positive!smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Shutupanddrive Fri 26-Apr-13 16:38:41

A line is a line! grin YANBU

TakingTheStairs Fri 26-Apr-13 16:39:11

A line is a line.
Congratulations flowers

KirstyoffEastenders Fri 26-Apr-13 16:39:41

Congratulations

valiumredhead Fri 26-Apr-13 16:40:32

A line is a line - congrats! thanks

Congratulations, I think a line is a line, but I can see why your DH might be trying to keep his feet on the ground. Don't be hard on him.

Fairypants Fri 26-Apr-13 16:41:10

Congratulations!
Oh and yanbu smile

Congratulations!

Jinty64 Fri 26-Apr-13 16:41:26

Yep, a line is a line!

Mehrida Fri 26-Apr-13 16:41:59

Ach he's just trying not to build his hopes up.

But yanbu, a line is a line is a line.

Unless your eyes are deceiving you out of sheer optimism then congrats!

(And I had v early morning sickness too so good luck with that as well...)

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Fri 26-Apr-13 16:42:18

How exciting.....

Squitten Fri 26-Apr-13 16:42:56

Congratulations smile

YAY!!

A line is a line so a tentative congrats fro me!

catgirl1976 Fri 26-Apr-13 16:48:22

A line is a line smile flowers

My DH was exactly the same with my barely there line (which is now a very definitely there 17 month old boy) smile

thanks

havingamadmoment Fri 26-Apr-13 16:49:43

no its def a positive! with my second you could only see the line held at a certain angle with light behind it grin my DH was unimpressed but when i retested a few days later is was dark and clear !

piprabbit Fri 26-Apr-13 16:50:28

Congratulations OP grin.
Now you must buy 999 test sticks, pee on one every day and report back here!

Potterer Fri 26-Apr-13 16:51:34

Can we see the line? wink upload a pic, we'll tell you!

But a line is a line, with ds1 I peed on a stick and as the wee soaked up the stick the line instantly appeared.

With ds2 the wee soaked up and no line appeared, so I washed my hands and then as I went to chuck the test in the bin, there it was, a faint blue line. Ds2 is now 7 grin

It usually says on the test that the result will fade after x number of minutes.

My very faint line, that my DH said didn't exist, is now 9 months. Congrats smile

MummytoKatie Fri 26-Apr-13 17:57:08

I also had a very faint line seven months ago that dh was not convinced about.

I think I must have been comfort eating as a result as none of my clothes fit anymore!

Congrats!

LadyVoldemort Fri 26-Apr-13 18:01:10

I don't get why people say you can't get a false positive - you can and I've had it twice.

I hope it is a positive OP but I'm in the don't build your hopes up just yet camp. It more than likely is, I'd just hate you to have the same crushed feeling I've had.

Good luck!

aPseudonymToFoolHim Fri 26-Apr-13 18:06:51

A line is a line! smile

Congratulations!

Which test did you use?
I bought v cheap sticks, and they went a slight pink all over, rather than a proper line. Then I bought expensive test and there was a definite line.

DS is now 5yo smile

DeskPlanner Fri 26-Apr-13 19:26:18

thanks I'd say congratulations, but take another test in a day or two, and report back.

My so faint you couldn't see it without squinting line 7 dpo is currently feeding herself to sleep just over a year since I got that line smile she is luffly. Congrats!

My DH also denied the line despite my raging morning sickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now