to ask if you have nightmares about obesity?

(51 Posts)
Mitchy1nge Thu 25-Apr-13 16:12:40

is it a common one like being late for a flight or doing an exam then realising you forgot to put a skirt on?

Can't say I ever have.

I doubt it means anything though.

noblegiraffe Thu 25-Apr-13 16:15:35

No, never. I do relatively often have ones about teeth falling out though.

YouTheCat Thu 25-Apr-13 16:16:04

Never. Nightmares about being naked in Sainsburys but never about being naked in Sainsburys and being force fed cream cakes. grin

How odd. hmm

Mitchy1nge Thu 25-Apr-13 16:19:43

oooh thanks so far no premonitory dreams of podge

I wonder if it means I eat too much, I hate recurring scary dreams especially when they are Very Insistent hmm

noblegiraffe Thu 25-Apr-13 17:05:03

I'm a teacher and often have dreams about nightmare out of control classes, especially coming up to the end of the summer holiday.

Are you a Slimming World rep? grin

Mitchy1nge Thu 25-Apr-13 17:12:17

hahahaha no, but am a bit obsessed with interested in diet/exercise

maybe is just an anxiety dream and not a prophetic vision at all

StuntGirl Thu 25-Apr-13 18:49:12

"maybe is just an anxiety dream and not a prophetic vision at all"

Wrong. It deffo means you're going to become a fatty, best get on the salads now.

Mitchy1nge Thu 25-Apr-13 18:51:16

senza ranch dressing I suppose? confused

Mitchy1nge Thu 25-Apr-13 18:51:56

or sans when not using italian keyboard on phone

exoticfruits Thu 25-Apr-13 18:52:36

No, never.

Mitchy1nge Thu 25-Apr-13 18:57:13

sad I am alone then sad

andubelievedthat Thu 25-Apr-13 19:01:22

Mine are really boring and i expect, typical i am either falling ,endlessly (never land), or wading thru a very thick semi liquid but have to move faster , for some unknown reason but can"t, i just know i am not going fast enough, but what really bugs me is(and i know this will sound maybe weird)i know i am dreaming, i just cannot wake myself ! and i am terrified.

GlassofRose Thu 25-Apr-13 19:03:07

This is my awake dream... haha. Feel like I'll turn into big Monica from friends when I miss a workout

Mitchy1nge Thu 17-Oct-13 11:00:17

I googled nightmares about obesity and found my own thread sad after a particularly upsetting night of performing graceful acrobatics on a balance beam with the whole world watching only to start wobbling because I was actually wobbling, all this extra flesh and flab that was definitely not there before. woke up just as I was about to fall

is even more depressing to realise have been dreaming of podge since April though

Actually, I cant recall a particular dream, but I have that deja vu-ish feeling reading your thread, so wonder if I have dreamt it and forgotten it...?

mrscog Thu 17-Oct-13 11:06:14

I do have dreams where I go on a binge and start panicing how I'm going to lose the weight. I'm normally very cheerful when I wake up and realise it was all a dream!

juneybean Thu 17-Oct-13 11:09:28

I have dreams that I'm thin /forever obese

Pinupgirl Thu 17-Oct-13 11:10:18

Being obsessed about your diet and weight is not healthy. Have you considered counselling?

I'm generally a lot thinner in my dreams than I am in real life grin My anxiety dream is going out when it's raining or snowing with no shoes on.

Mitchy1nge Thu 17-Oct-13 11:15:11

counselling? no I haven't considered it, is it good for this sort of thing?

Lazysuzanne Thu 17-Oct-13 11:20:39

no, I cant recall food ever featuring in my dreams (and I've kept a dream journal for several years)

bluesbaby Thu 17-Oct-13 11:33:45

No, but I do dream of fridges packed full of sugary goodness, markets full of delicious food (usually in Africa or other dream-holidays), feasts fit for kings cooked nicely for my dream parties (lovely roasts and barbeques), or sweet shops full of glorious treats. I never actually eat in my dreams though. Just stare at it and inhale the smell.

One recurring dream I had as a child was entering a secret door to a secret party full of celebs and the Princess of England (obviously made up in my head!), with feasts and fabulous games to play.

It usually happens when I go to bed a bit hungry. I'm not even that thin to be craving so much, or fat to be so glutenous. I'm just a bit chubby. No idea why I dream of sugar.

I hate dreams when it feels like I'm desperately searching for a toilet, and when I find one, it feels like I'm pissing forever, and then I wake up in a panic because I realise I actually do need the loo! Thankfully never wet the bed touches wood

Mitchy1nge Thu 17-Oct-13 11:38:25

I hate those needing-a-wee dreams, looking for a loo and then finding one on stilts in a public car park or some other implausible place!

WorraLiberty Thu 17-Oct-13 11:41:25

No, never.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now