Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think Primark is the nearest thing to hell?

(164 Posts)
JennifersBody Wed 24-Apr-13 18:21:09

Always packed with people. Every time I enter it there is always someone having an argument, or shouting something.

I will trip over at least three pushchairs, and have a couple more rammed into my ankles.

It will take forever to squeeze past the vast amount of people in the aisles.

We will get shoved and bumped - never get an apology.

If you want to try something on prepare to lose a good portion of your day, if you decide to buy it you will lose the other portion of your day.

All I wanted was a pair of jeans.

expatinscotland Thu 25-Apr-13 16:33:35

I love Primark. And Tesco, Matalan and ASDA. I am a chav.

I don't mind it. Except the one in Manchester. On a Saturday, while hungover.

Several mumsnetters and I wandered aimlessly into one in a vague search for some tights. Never a-fucking-gain.

VodkaJelly Thu 25-Apr-13 16:51:14

My nephew worked in Primark, he said that when the shop closed in the evenings the place looked like a bomb had gone off, clothes all over the floor, hangers on the floor, tags everywhere.

He had never seen anything like it before.

I dont really shop there, as others have said the sizing is really weird and what ever I buy in my size doesnt really fit or is too tight.

usualsuspect Thu 25-Apr-13 17:00:26

The sizing is odd,but I still buy nearly all my clothes from there or Asda. I'm very classy me.

VodkaJelly Thu 25-Apr-13 17:04:43

Usualsuspect, I buy 90% of my clothes from Asda and the other 10% from New Look or Select. I am not posh, I am poor and skint

Sparklingbrook Thu 25-Apr-13 17:16:31

I think Matalan's stuff is lovely. Is that ok? <worries>

VodkaJelly Thu 25-Apr-13 17:45:43

I love Matalan too Sparklingbrook, we can be chav's together

Sparklingbrook Thu 25-Apr-13 17:49:09

Brilliant, thanks Vodka. smile

valiumredhead Fri 26-Apr-13 10:19:41

Primark is great but it completely depends which store you go to. Our one has escalators, is huge and really civilised, the one near where I used to live was like shopping in Gran Theft Auto.

Quality is good and same as other high street shops, anyone who says otherwise probably hasn't been.

FairOfFaceButFullOfWoe Fri 26-Apr-13 13:59:38

Try working there! I get treated like shit all day by rude customers who think that 'its only primark' and I don't deserve any respect or common curtesy. Go out of my way to help people and get looked down on. Lovely.

Sparklingbrook Fri 26-Apr-13 14:00:14

Oh no Fair. sad

Saski Fri 26-Apr-13 14:14:11

I bought some underwear at Primark once. It wasn't great quality.

I buy nearly all my kids' clothes used (Ebay) - both of my boys wear them, then I give them to goodwill. There is no way that Primark clothes could be handed down several times. Maybe I'd consider it if I didn't rely upon hand-me-downs, but for me it's a false economy.

ProfessorDent Fri 26-Apr-13 14:25:28

I have to disagree, the Primark in Oxford St near Tottenham Court Road is okay. I can pick up some chinos for around £8; in M&S they'll be £25 and rather than have the Brian Cox look, they'll have the Alan Titschmarsh or David Attenborough vibe, where everything on the rack is 38in waist.

That said, recent news about the factory deaths has made me consider just how they get their clothing at such low price levels.

A fashion insider I know says she can't buy cloth wholesale for Primark retail garment prices, in many cases. Their suppliers must be doing something very unusual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now