To wonder how to get DW off Mumsnet?

(76 Posts)
TerryBakewell Wed 24-Apr-13 00:22:02

Just for a bit. I mean, once the kids are in bed that's it till I take her phone out of her sleeping hands. A five minute chat would do, you can all have her back then :-)

VerySmallSqueak Wed 24-Apr-13 08:50:10

You sound selfish and entitled Terry.

grin

TerryBakewell Wed 24-Apr-13 09:02:53

Not sure of DW's username. I think I know from a while back, but possibly just lurks now. Or changed it for secrecy reasons...

Suspect starting a game of Chase would end fairly quickly with a game of BuggerOff.

Is he really yours Fraggle ? grin

I did wonder if my DH had been this enterprising grin as he's tried other tactics before, such as a "don't go on MN" screen-saver hmm Fortunately we're back to a prettier one now that he's mostly over his tantrum

If it is an addiction I console myself that there are worse ones than chatting with friends (most of whom you've not yet met in RL) across the ether.

Actually seems like a reasonable past-time to me, especially in a recession which has hit women's employment much harder than men's sad Heard on news this morning that twice as many of the "new" private sector jobs being taken up are going to men than women. Public sector jobs being lost are having more impact on women's job losses than men's.

And I even got a job application in yesterday smile So, put that in your pipe and smoke it DH and friends.

Grammaticus Wed 24-Apr-13 09:10:07

Ha ha ha. My DH refers to mumsnet as "Angry Birds" grin

MagratOfStolat Wed 24-Apr-13 09:15:14

Are you my DP?!?!

That's a shame. Nobody likes a quick game of BuggerOff.

DP suggests twiddling with the wifi and 'losing' a cable. Blame a cat (or a DC, they're interchangeable around here)

Other suggestions are:
Asking Nicely
Bribing with Fancy Chocolate (one line for every five minutes you talk to me)
Taking her out for Fancy Tea
Driving over her phone. ACCIDENTALLY.

Hark at me, actually being useful. Ish.

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Wed 24-Apr-13 09:53:02

You came back.

You know this means we own you too now?

You'll start by checking this thread, then you'll have a quick peek at another thread.

Then another.

And then you and your wife will be side by side in total silence all evening with the mumsnet logo reflecting off your glasses.

Just think of it as a hobby you can share. grin

Hecsy - just wait 'til he's gone through the Classics threads I linked to - assimilated won't be the word for it. (Although we might end up seeing a post from Terry's wife about how to get him back) grin grin

DH is that you?

MarmaladeTwatkins Wed 24-Apr-13 13:17:18

Maybe if you were more interesting, Terry, your DW might want to talk to you, instead of talking to a bunch of old internet harpies every night?

HTH.

TheVDM Wed 24-Apr-13 15:11:19

Nothing works, my other half get's stuck on here lurking around for hours on end... Maybe one day she will read this and notice that I am using one of my regular user names!

Other than that sticking the cat down the back of the TV cabinet (where the router is) can work.

Very close to changing my name to MrsTerryBakewell. I'm halfway there as it is.

Smellslikecatspee Wed 24-Apr-13 15:41:09

One of Us

One of Us

One of Us

One of Us

One of Us

Sunnywithshowers Wed 24-Apr-13 15:48:33

grin Welcome to MN!

< passes bakewell tart to Terry whilst she mulls it over smile brew >

coorong Wed 24-Apr-13 17:29:52

sometime i have to facetime my husband to get his attention

when he's next to me in bed!
blush

coorong Wed 24-Apr-13 17:30:42

Terry's got STOCKHOLM SYNDROME!

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Wed 24-Apr-13 17:31:20

Ha, my DH is on here too, lurking in AIBU. It's educating him a lot!

My DH came on once. BitOfFun scared him off for good though grin

TheMNeffect Wed 24-Apr-13 17:46:39

Have you got DCs Terry?

You could get them to out on their saddest faces and say, 'please mum, we miss you sad '.

grin

TheMNeffect Wed 24-Apr-13 17:47:03

*put

YohedYoshoulderYonisandYotoes Wed 24-Apr-13 17:48:30

Easy, just get her to victim blame someone, a high and might poster will get her account blocked grin

YohedYoshoulderYonisandYotoes Wed 24-Apr-13 17:49:58

Either that or stick up for strippers/prostitutes..grin

<Eats bakewell tart>. Cheers love.

Wishiwasanheiress Wed 24-Apr-13 17:53:29

Oh blimey I'm urs aren't I....?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now