To wonder how to get DW off Mumsnet?

(76 Posts)
TerryBakewell Wed 24-Apr-13 00:22:02

Just for a bit. I mean, once the kids are in bed that's it till I take her phone out of her sleeping hands. A five minute chat would do, you can all have her back then :-)

JonHammsTrouserSnake Wed 24-Apr-13 00:23:53

You just need to start a thread on here to get her attention.

Who is your DW?

Schooldidi Wed 24-Apr-13 00:26:37

I thought that was my dp for a minute there. But you aren't, cos I'm on my laptop rather than my phone grin.

Not a chance without a proper intervention

JonHammsTrouserSnake Wed 24-Apr-13 00:28:49

Actually, is that you DH?

Except I'm on an iPad.

KurriKurri Wed 24-Apr-13 00:29:09

Who is she? - why do you think you have more right to be entertained by her than we do????? what do you want to chat to her about - can't you text her or write her a note? You sound very demanding shock

<disclaimer - my marriage guidance technique is a work in progress> grin

MiniMonty Wed 24-Apr-13 02:16:58

Tsk Tsk.
Just another example of wives not knowing their place.
What can a modern man do ?

Have you considered whipping her phone out of her hands and initiating a game of Chasey? Never know, you could get some, too.

That's possibly the most helpful thing I've ever posted outside of 'living overseas' so be grateful grin

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Wed 24-Apr-13 04:00:57

shock LTB (leave the bitch)

One of the plus points of being single - nobody to monitor my constant Munsnetting wink

Fuzzysnout Wed 24-Apr-13 07:10:13

You can't. It's an addiction with no known treatment programme I'm afraid.

IllegalYoniFarm Wed 24-Apr-13 07:11:23

DH?

IllegalYoniFarm Wed 24-Apr-13 07:12:59

Except DH if that is you, last night you had trouble remembering the name of is site, referring to it as 'that my husband's a bastard site'

Also asking if there were an acronym MHAW (my husband's a wanker)

grin

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Wed 24-Apr-13 07:15:27

I was convinced this would turn out to be my husband grin

A mumsnet widower.

They should start a club. grin

Gigondas Wed 24-Apr-13 07:22:29

My dh joined so can communicate that way. He loves a good Aibu thread.

edwardsmum11 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:31:34

You can't, we have her now.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 24-Apr-13 07:48:00

the problem is that technology has improved. if you have old stuff like me you get to chat for 5 minutes while the damn thing loads.

SinisterBuggyMonth Wed 24-Apr-13 07:53:22

Hello MrSinisterBuggyMonth!

McNewPants2013 Wed 24-Apr-13 08:29:38

Send her a PM

Mehrida Wed 24-Apr-13 08:32:35

YANBU to wonder.

YABU to expect any advice on doing so though.

HTH.

WandaDoff Wed 24-Apr-13 08:38:14

Mumsnet is like the borg.

We have assimilated her. She's ours now.

MsVestibule Wed 24-Apr-13 08:42:10

I was so addicted that I asked DH to block MN between the hours of 10.30am and 7.30pm, in order that I can get some housework done and not neglect our DCs completely. Regarding the evenings, have you suggested a game of Scrabble/Trivial Pirsuit as an alternative to MNing?

Earthworms Wed 24-Apr-13 08:42:16

Arf at wanda

YANBU at all to wonder.

Some of these might help? [Whistles innocently]

Welcome to Hotel California grin

YoniBottsBumgina Wed 24-Apr-13 08:45:16

Joking aside smile It is easy to get stuck in a rut with your partner and you both getting lost to some electronic device in the evening. I bet while she's MNing you're watching tv or surfing manlycarsandbbqing.com or playing video games or reading or whatever your default recharge activity is.

Why don't you set a date night where neither of you use phones or computers etc and you have to do something together. Or try and book her in advance by suggesting dinner or a series you think she might like or run a bath with candles and wine etc.

Fragglewump Wed 24-Apr-13 08:46:28

Hello love! I'm sorry I've been neglecting you I am addicted to this site. I'm ashamed that its come to this to make me see sense. Please remove my phone from me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now