to think that as I'm 38 wks pg, I deserve a bit of consideration?

(36 Posts)
Sparklyboots Tue 23-Apr-13 19:01:44

DP, colleagues, 'friends' and family continue to do frankly inconsiderate stuff all fucking day. Many of them breathe audibly. I am subject to people chewing their fucking food, making casual conversation and even commenting on the size and shape of my bump, as if it's a massive fucking surprise that I might look heavily pregnant at this stage. Not one of them seems able to reconcile my condition, of which they are patently aware, with their endlessly inconsiderate existence. WIBU to emigrate?

TigerSwallowTail Wed 24-Apr-13 00:17:36

Oh yanbu, I'm 36 weeks and I hate everyone. You could try and emigrate if you'd be allowed onto a plane, but I think the best course of action is having everyone else move away for the next couple of weeks to give you some peace.

Sparklyboots Wed 24-Apr-13 00:12:14

... if anyone gets on my case about my rage induced grammar lapse, I will find them and kill them. If it's any consolation, I'm openly weeping stinging tears of rage about it myself.

GreenEggsAndNichts Wed 24-Apr-13 00:12:01

fucking breathers.

and..

frozen fruit?!

LTB.

Sparklyboots Wed 24-Apr-13 00:09:17

FFS it just gets worse. DP had to return some films, so I followed the brilliant advice here and requested ice cream. He muttered something about frozen fruit; I ignored rather than get into an undignified slanging match. He came back totally empty handed! To think that I had even considered letting him eat in the same room as me (as long as there was nothing crunchy in said ice cream. And he promised not to slurp or make those irritating sounds of appreciation that people insist upon - 'yum!' and the like). His 'rationale' was that ice-cream 'is just sugar'. !!!!!! Well

1. no it fucking isn't; it's sugar and highly processed dairy products. If I'd wanted something that was predominantly sugar I'd have fucking said 'sorbet'
2. it's high sugar content is the basis of my request
3. I am 38 weeks pregnant

BlackeyedSusan Tue 23-Apr-13 22:16:03

<passes op pointy stick.>

if you can't get them to emigrate at least you can get them out of the room, and with the correct technique, you can get them to spend four hours or so away from you in a and e.

lie too. your due date is at least one week after the real one, ok wink

redwellybluewelly Tue 23-Apr-13 22:09:29

YANBU
I'm 33 weeks. Im tired. Dh was a moody grumpy arse to me tonight because he had a headache, he also stayed home with toddler and had an hours nap at lunchtime. I on the other hand left the house at 8, worked until 2 then collected the toddler and did the weeks food shop.

And he is tired...

BiteTheTopsOffIcedGems Tue 23-Apr-13 21:50:08

When the 'have you had the baby?'s start you actually allowed to hit people.

JollyPurpleGiant Tue 23-Apr-13 21:43:17

Sparkly, I recommend eating more chocolate. Or ice cream. Or Haribo. Whichever you like best at the moment.

You will still hate everyone, but you'll be able to do it even more energetically.

RevoltingPeasant Tue 23-Apr-13 21:38:44

Karole I hope you told them that. 'Well, you might be carrying your head under your arm, but I'm fucking pregnant in case you haven't noticed.'

grin

Karoleann Tue 23-Apr-13 21:34:39

I'd had enough at work by 32 weeks- patients actually used to turn up to their appointments with problems (and I really couldn't be arsed by that stage). You need to be at home nesting - or watching cash in the attic.

YANBU

Some people.... I mean breathing? How dare they!

I was enormous with DS2, and everything infuriated me.

You will be fine smile thanks

and congratulations by the way.

Sparklyboots Tue 23-Apr-13 20:56:58

See this is why I love MN - the sense of perspective it brings. Here was me considering emigration, when all along I've been conditioned by the 9 months of this shit to accept it as 'normal' . THEY should be emigrating, not me. DS, 2.3 can stay because he so eloquently expresses my own inner feelings (mainly, "nooooooooooo!"). The rest have had it.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 23-Apr-13 20:55:31

that was supposed to be a HTH not a freaky huh. Which is what an acquaintance of mine oddly does many times every conversation

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 23-Apr-13 20:54:15

yanbu and it's even worse 2 weeks overdue grin huh!

I finished work at 37 weeks. In the week before every single colleague took the time to tell me that I had "that proper pregnant waddle now". Hibernate, it's the only way to avoid killing someone.

piprabbit Tue 23-Apr-13 20:09:32

I felt the exact same way at 38 weeks pg.
DS is 5yo next week and I still feel the same. Heightened irritation plus guilt, the double whammy of motherhood.

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Tue 23-Apr-13 20:06:11

YANBU. Fuck them.

Ruralninja Tue 23-Apr-13 19:49:56

arrf

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Tue 23-Apr-13 19:46:51

The day before I had DD I got really fucking angry at an ambulance for daring to go past with the sirens on.

MmeThenardier Tue 23-Apr-13 19:34:49

Pregnancy isn't an illness and you're not entitled to special treatment.

Ok sorry, just joking YANBU, emigrate. I hate noisy eaters at the best of times...

Guntie Tue 23-Apr-13 19:30:04

this thread bought a massive smile to my face grin

thank you OP!

mrspaddy Tue 23-Apr-13 19:26:08

Tell me about it.. I am only 21 weeks and so sick of the chat .. ooooh... is the weight going on all over.. your boobs are big.. just because your pregnant doesn't mean everyone has license to comment..grrrrrrrr

YANBU. Kill them all and then emigrate. Or you could wait till you're over 40 weeks. You're allowed to kill them and steal their kittens, sweets and warm jumpers then.

MissSusan Tue 23-Apr-13 19:20:44

wink

Loulybelle Tue 23-Apr-13 19:17:10

Whoops!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now