to think that as I'm 38 wks pg, I deserve a bit of consideration?

(36 Posts)
Sparklyboots Tue 23-Apr-13 19:01:44

DP, colleagues, 'friends' and family continue to do frankly inconsiderate stuff all fucking day. Many of them breathe audibly. I am subject to people chewing their fucking food, making casual conversation and even commenting on the size and shape of my bump, as if it's a massive fucking surprise that I might look heavily pregnant at this stage. Not one of them seems able to reconcile my condition, of which they are patently aware, with their endlessly inconsiderate existence. WIBU to emigrate?

DoNotDisturb Tue 23-Apr-13 19:03:14

Ha ha. Made me laugh. I feel exactly the same only I have 7 weeks to go!

If I hear are you sure it's not twins once more I'm going to stab someone..

reelingintheyears Tue 23-Apr-13 19:03:54

I'd emigrate if i were you.

Bastards.

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 23-Apr-13 19:05:53

I feel like that most days. And I'm not even pregnant.

Why don't you make everybody else emigrate? I'm considering doing that.

Loulybelle Tue 23-Apr-13 19:08:07

When i was pregnant, everyfucker at work had a pop at me or snide comment to make, got right fucked off with some snotty BAA bint, as if i didnt look pregnant, wanted me to walk all the way down to the baggage area, rather than get the lift, what a bitch.

Kill them all.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 23-Apr-13 19:10:30

Ugh, the breathing! And the chewing! And small talk! And the existing! They are all inconsiderate! I really feel for you. We need to get them to emigrate.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Tue 23-Apr-13 19:10:40

Leave the bastards grin

Loulybelle Tue 23-Apr-13 19:12:16

Oh and when 8 months pregnant, massive and achy, my best friend told me that Snape dies, grrrrrrr....5 years later and she still aint allowed to forget, how very dear she, bitch.

MissSusan Tue 23-Apr-13 19:15:12

I came on to say leave the bastards, but HoHo beat me to it.
Fucking Arsewipes. Hope you gave them hell.

MissSusan Tue 23-Apr-13 19:15:53

Snape dies ? shock sad

Loulybelle Tue 23-Apr-13 19:17:10

Whoops!!!!!

MissSusan Tue 23-Apr-13 19:20:44

wink

YANBU. Kill them all and then emigrate. Or you could wait till you're over 40 weeks. You're allowed to kill them and steal their kittens, sweets and warm jumpers then.

mrspaddy Tue 23-Apr-13 19:26:08

Tell me about it.. I am only 21 weeks and so sick of the chat .. ooooh... is the weight going on all over.. your boobs are big.. just because your pregnant doesn't mean everyone has license to comment..grrrrrrrr

Guntie Tue 23-Apr-13 19:30:04

this thread bought a massive smile to my face grin

thank you OP!

MmeThenardier Tue 23-Apr-13 19:34:49

Pregnancy isn't an illness and you're not entitled to special treatment.

Ok sorry, just joking YANBU, emigrate. I hate noisy eaters at the best of times...

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Tue 23-Apr-13 19:46:51

The day before I had DD I got really fucking angry at an ambulance for daring to go past with the sirens on.

Ruralninja Tue 23-Apr-13 19:49:56

arrf

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Tue 23-Apr-13 20:06:11

YANBU. Fuck them.

piprabbit Tue 23-Apr-13 20:09:32

I felt the exact same way at 38 weeks pg.
DS is 5yo next week and I still feel the same. Heightened irritation plus guilt, the double whammy of motherhood.

I finished work at 37 weeks. In the week before every single colleague took the time to tell me that I had "that proper pregnant waddle now". Hibernate, it's the only way to avoid killing someone.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 23-Apr-13 20:54:15

yanbu and it's even worse 2 weeks overdue grin huh!

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 23-Apr-13 20:55:31

that was supposed to be a HTH not a freaky huh. Which is what an acquaintance of mine oddly does many times every conversation

Sparklyboots Tue 23-Apr-13 20:56:58

See this is why I love MN - the sense of perspective it brings. Here was me considering emigration, when all along I've been conditioned by the 9 months of this shit to accept it as 'normal' . THEY should be emigrating, not me. DS, 2.3 can stay because he so eloquently expresses my own inner feelings (mainly, "nooooooooooo!"). The rest have had it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now