Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not help my son look after his baby?

(232 Posts)

This is my first AIBU thread so go easy.

He has a baby and I refuse to help him out. He decided to have this baby so all responsibility is his in my eyes.

The baby is currently naked with only a hat on and he feeds her every 10 minutes but she drinks the whole bottle! All she does is cry and laugh.

He has asked me to look after her but I wont. He seems to think this isn't fair and shouts 'oh why?' The mother isn't on the scene either and the baby has only been with him a couple of months.

She is currently wrapped up in a car mat as he thinks this is an acceptable bed. Should I intervene now or leave baby where she is?

My son is young but he wanted the baby so I think he should look after her. He has named her Baby which I'm not sure goes down well on MN.

So AIBU or should I help out a little?

pollywollydoodle Thu 25-Apr-13 11:09:17

he might want to copy my daughter and tie her to a table leg until dinner is ready ....or not...they do tend to turn up when the steak and chips are ready

Polly I have no idea where my granddaughter is and her father has no concerns so I'm leaving it. Hes too busy with his kitchen to care.

pollywollydoodle Thu 25-Apr-13 09:17:51

SPsYoni i confess to being an interfering grandmother....i hid her food and my granddaughter never pooed....mind you she could be doing anything in the loft..

jacks365 Thu 25-Apr-13 09:06:04

My dd has adopted my 38 yo niece. I'm never quite sure if she's kissing or biting her she's so enthusiastic. Patricia is a large baby wearing age 3-6 month clothes my dsis used to take her everywhere but got bored carrying her in the supermarket one day so dm put her in the trolley seat, the disapproving glares she got still haunt her to this day. Never let lifelike babies out of the house.

Borntobeamum Thu 25-Apr-13 08:36:01

I think he should realise he's not going to be a very good daddy and either list the baby on eBay or Gumtree.
I'm sure there will be another gullible boy who will take this child on and give it the love it expects!

I saw the advert for the shitting doll today. Wtf is that?! Its as bad as the shitting dog game!

Baby has been on the naughty step since half 6 this morning. I'm not allowed to talk or even look at her

I have no idea as I have never heard of them. I keep looking out for the advert but nothing yet

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 24-Apr-13 10:54:52

That's what I thought sp as not strapping them in seems to be a problem these days.

And these Spanish dolls that poo, doesn't baby born do that? Or is (s)he Spanish?

INeed Least the baby was strapped in.

I hope he brings baby home from his dads. If he leaves her he doesn't shut up about her for at least 10 minutes.

IneedAyoniNickname Wed 24-Apr-13 10:22:06

My ds1 always straps his baby into the pram. I found him the other day, strapped in so nice and safe, the pram was folded up and chucked in a corner though. Baby seems fine.

Reading this has brought fond memories of my first baby, Tina was a very talented baby, if you pulled her arm off she would wee out of the hole, when you put the arm back in, she peed out of her wee wee hole.

Her grand mother threw her out when she was young, I hope she used her talent to better her life, I often look on circus posters to see of 'the incredible arm pissing Tiny Tears' is making top billing, as yet i haven't seen, I live in hope that one day we can be reunited. sad

Smile There's a picture of Baby in the car mat on my profile. She is totally swaddled. No idea about the mother as she was kidnapped from my mums house and she assisted.

Couthy Just leave them alone! His babba his rules!

johnworf Wed 24-Apr-13 09:57:52

Our baby is currently pregnant herself - with twins. Both stuffed up her jumper. I'm pretending to be out when social services visit.

SmileAndPeopleSmileWithYou Wed 24-Apr-13 09:43:44

I think you need to face up to the fact that you need Jezza.
He obviously isn't coping very well and I'd be starting to question if he even knows who the mother is...
Jezza can do DNA testing and sort this out for you, relieve some of the pressure from you and mother might even "step up" and support your DS in the raising of Baby.

He sounds like hes got the feeding sorted though, car mat must be comfy too.

YoniRaver Wed 24-Apr-13 09:37:00

not strapped in

YoniRaver Wed 24-Apr-13 09:36:44

DS left his baby (he calls him baby as well) in his pushchair not stepped in while he went to fetch his scooter. Of course baby rolled down the hill and fell out

RevoltingPeasant Wed 24-Apr-13 09:24:49

I had my first baby about 31 years ago - tbh, I can't even remember - but I do know I used a kitchen knife to perform major abdominal surgery on them. Curiously, they mostly bled tomato ketchup.

We no longer have contact.

Princessgenie Wed 24-Apr-13 08:44:34

Love it. Have been wetting myself laughing at this. X

Lollydaydream Wed 24-Apr-13 08:15:28

my grandchild is a small monkey who eats rice krispies; since this baby arrived dd has neglected all the older babies. I fear they will grow resentful.

We had several babies. One, usefully called Gardenbaby. She lived under a bush and was always naked. As an aging hippy, I respected her life choices and I think she kept the slugs off the lettuce.
I did sometimes suggest that she could come in for a bath and a cuddle, but was firmly told by her mother that the baby would not like that at all.

mathanxiety Wed 24-Apr-13 06:28:13

My granddaughter is about 20 now. She rejoices in the name of Sack. Lovely personality, quiet as a mouse, you'd never know she was there, and it's a shame she's been living in a closet for the last 9 years.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Wed 24-Apr-13 06:21:11

(Hilarious thread. Had me in stitches from the start!)

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Wed 24-Apr-13 06:10:46

My DS has recently had a baby too. He throws it at me and signs milk. Which is interesting as I haven't bf for over a year.

He likes me to hold his baby all day - I think he is following the attachment parenting model, which is his choice. He needs to be free for his climbing activities and demolition work.

Is it right that I do all the work for my DS's baby, or should I let him do his thing?

He also has a belief that his baby should eat what he eats, I think he is doing BLW. His baby seems to enjoy banana but was unhappy with the spaghetti my DS was trying to force feed her.

Should I intervene when he force feeds his baby? I feel his baby is too young to eat solid food.

I don't want to become an overbearing Nan, but I also have concerns for the way he lets her sleep in the toy box at night.

pollywollydoodle Wed 24-Apr-13 05:25:08

my daughter's baby was very bright, right from the moment she arrived she could say "i love you" and "i want my nappy changed"

we thought she was probably gifted and talented but she didn't progress. she lives in a box in the attic now ....a big one

jaggythistle Wed 24-Apr-13 04:47:19

Although the oven one did get breastfed and given dry cereal sometimes, so wasn't entirely neglected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now