Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not help my son look after his baby?

(232 Posts)

This is my first AIBU thread so go easy.

He has a baby and I refuse to help him out. He decided to have this baby so all responsibility is his in my eyes.

The baby is currently naked with only a hat on and he feeds her every 10 minutes but she drinks the whole bottle! All she does is cry and laugh.

He has asked me to look after her but I wont. He seems to think this isn't fair and shouts 'oh why?' The mother isn't on the scene either and the baby has only been with him a couple of months.

She is currently wrapped up in a car mat as he thinks this is an acceptable bed. Should I intervene now or leave baby where she is?

My son is young but he wanted the baby so I think he should look after her. He has named her Baby which I'm not sure goes down well on MN.

So AIBU or should I help out a little?

IcingTheCake Tue 23-Apr-13 10:48:45

A baby that drinks a whole bottle every hour? hmm I get you want him to learn but not at the expense of the baby.

VinegarDrinker Tue 23-Apr-13 10:48:48

Young people these days are all about the now, never thinking through the consequences of their actions. He needs to learn that babies are not just for Christmas.

Icing its every 10 minute and takes about 5 seconds for the bottle to empty! She isn't putting weight on though

IcingTheCake Tue 23-Apr-13 10:50:30

Sorry every ten minutes*

MrsHoarder Tue 23-Apr-13 10:50:59

Is she producing plenty of wet nappies though sp?

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Tue 23-Apr-13 10:52:13

This is an unfunny troll attempt SP..you can do better than that!!, or at least have name changed..

ApplePippa Tue 23-Apr-13 10:53:04

OP, I think you should help him out a bit, and set up a baby clinic in your kitchen. Baby is already undressed, so should be easy enough to pop onto the kitchen scales.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 23-Apr-13 10:53:07

Are you taking the piss?you either are or you are the dumbest person ever.its like something off raising hope but worse.i dont care if people think im being harsh inbthis occasion cos you are daft.

She doesn't have any nappies. She drinks all that and nothing comes out. Hes not too worried though and his baby his rules I guess.

I'm not even sure of her age tbh. When I ask he gives me a different number each time

VinegarDrinker Tue 23-Apr-13 10:53:56

I can't believe you allow your son to have bottles in the house. I hold you personally responsible for the low BFing rates in this country sad

are they those ones where the milk disappears when you tip them up? I think they are ridiculously cool

RiffyWammal Tue 23-Apr-13 10:54:11

My DS is just as bad. He wanted me to take his baby out yesterday but I refused because he hasn't got a pram. He put it in our wheelbarrow and stormed off in a huff, I watched him go up the road and he tipped it over a few times.

I am not sure if my DS's baby is a boy or a girl - I might ask him if I remember. I think he calls it 'Bottle'.

AmberLeaf Tue 23-Apr-13 10:54:28

My son also had a baby very young, he was really good with her at first, but I had to step in and call SS when he drew on her face and left her in the garden all night.

Speak to the HV maybe?

Its not a troll attempt. If was I would have done something better. Its all true

gordyslovesheep Tue 23-Apr-13 10:54:50

Yanbu I refuse to help my daughter with any of her 14 babies or to help her make a 'cuppatea' or cakes in her kitchen. All her babies co sleep in her single bed and most are permanently nude

Vinegar yes in wilkinsons for a quid they empty super fast

IsThatTrue Tue 23-Apr-13 10:55:32

smile now SPs you'd have thought you had another few years before you we're a grandma.

Leave him to it, his baby his rules. Surely you can't over feed a doll newborn?

MadameOvary Tue 23-Apr-13 10:55:42

Wow OP, that's Tough Love if ever I saw it grin

cuteboots Tue 23-Apr-13 10:56:30

Is this for real?

Limited I am neither taking the piss or daft. This is all happening. As we speak Baby is in the rolled up car mat.

car mat is in fact one of the big rugs with roads on that kids drive little cars on

IcingTheCake Tue 23-Apr-13 10:57:52

This is ridiculous!

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Tue 23-Apr-13 10:58:33

You know what, apologies SP I just got it, sorry, I need a thick emoticon over here. I'm not with it at all today, I'm in bed sick with my stomach falling out of my arse and it appears I'm talkin out it as well, so sorry, carry on!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 23-Apr-13 10:59:18

Oh FFS! People....I'm talking to you CuteBoots and you Marceline...her son is a toddler and his baby is his DOLL.

MrsHoarder Tue 23-Apr-13 10:59:25

That's shocking you need to get him a better doll, I had a "real weeing" doll as a child to take her to a doctor.

Oopla Tue 23-Apr-13 10:59:40

Awesome thread.

There's all of life on here grin

Think the reactions of the believers might actually be funnier than the OP grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now