AIBU what's with the whole 'nethuns' nonsense?

(182 Posts)
AuchAyethenoo Mon 22-Apr-13 19:37:44

I'm quite happily a member of both forums, I get lots out of both, but it does REALLY rip my knitting when a few on MN call it net'huns'.

Dare I say I actually find it quite an offensive term, being from Glasgow the word 'hun' has very particular connotations in a sectarian form.

I know there is a fairly large cross over of users, so why with the hate people?

ParadiseChick Wed 24-Apr-13 07:40:16

Scarlett your one of the few others I'd agree with over there!

There was one sigh nippy mare I kept coming across, all she would say is 'you must not judge', her sig was something about not judging others but Jesus fuck she was the judgiest fucker around!

I used to cringe on threads about child benefit cuts where some people genuinely thought their hubbys were gettin taxed 40% on their whole salary.

I think I know who you mean...though there are a few of those.

I avoid child benefit cut threads like the plague...I'm not affected so didn't see the point...they used to end up about 50 pages long in a day or so.

ParadiseChick Wed 24-Apr-13 10:41:07

I'm sure she was Julie something. Could be wrong.

OnTheNingNangNong Wed 24-Apr-13 11:46:45

Ooh Scarlet- I thought you looked familiar in your pics, now I know why! I've always been envy of your hair.

David is still allowed on Huns but I'm not? Arseholes. grin

Oooh who are you NingNang??

Yes David is still there...my opinion of him is wavering as he left me a really sweet message about my Mum today.

VitoCorleone Wed 24-Apr-13 21:58:47

I never really noticed much problem with David M, another guy that was on there was a real cunt though, couldnt stand him, wont say who but im sure other netmums will know who i mean (although a few thought he was ace hmm )

OnTheNingNangNong Fri 26-Apr-13 12:33:04

Scarlet- I had a football emblem as my pic and loved locking horns with the mods grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now