Please flame me, I've been a bitch!

(55 Posts)
HerrenaHarridan Mon 22-Apr-13 12:44:50

I just asked someone if she was pregnant and she said no! I would never normally do this but she was fairly skinny with a well formed and fairly pronounced bump. It just came out!

She is the waitress in the cafe so now I have to sit her and squirm until I can leave.

It is a lovely local cafe and I am never coming back!

blush

JamieandtheMagicTorch Mon 22-Apr-13 17:52:17

I know! It's a minefield!

McNewPants2013 Mon 22-Apr-13 18:00:17

I stuck my foot in it on the bus, I offered a lady a seat because she looked pregnant only for her not to be.

DragonMamma Mon 22-Apr-13 18:12:18

One of the school mums is a bit round all over and a couple of months back at a party we were chatting and I asked her if she was planning a second dc and she replied 'well, this one is due in 4 weeks' and I was mortified as she clearly knew I thought she was a bit round pre preg.

Pontouf Mon 22-Apr-13 18:13:37

This happened to me today! I went to see my GP for some more pain killers following my c-section last Wednesday. As I walked into the too
She looked at me and said "shouldn't you have had it by now?!" and I had to say "I have." she was mortified and said "oh no! It was just the way you were walking!" I was hobbling in agony clutching my stomach to be fair but I was MASSIVELY pregnant (40+4) the last time I'd seen her and although obviously I still look about 5 months gone, it is still a fairly significant difference! I'm well over a stone lighter. I was really upset and haven't told anyone except you lot sad

DewDr0p Mon 22-Apr-13 22:47:42

This happened to me in the butchers. The young assistant said "haven't you had that baby yet?" - I didn't answer, just pointed at the newborn lying in the pram!! (to be fair, ds was only 3 days old and yes I did prob look a bit pg but not half as pg as on my previous visit the week before!)

Every single time I went in after that his colleagues sniggered and started taking the mick out of him about it. Was quite a relief when he got another job elsewhere grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now