Should MOH's step up and plan hen do's?

(36 Posts)
hairtearing Mon 22-Apr-13 10:45:47

That really, I'd feel far too cheeky to ask mine to do it, but the expectation makes me feel like if I organise my own I'm a sad case sad

Whats the consensus?

AIBU to worry about who plans my hen do?

Autumn12 Tue 23-Apr-13 17:04:17

I organised my own. But then my one and only Bridesmaid was useless and didn't help me at all with anything.

LippiPongstocking Tue 23-Apr-13 17:06:00

I would have been happy to arrange my own too, a few good friends, a good pub, and a good old natter would have done me fine, tbh. But, I must admit that I was very grateful that my friends volunteered to do it, and I really enjoyed what they put together.

LippiPongstocking Tue 23-Apr-13 17:06:31

I didn't have bridesmaids or MOH or anything, either.

OrangeLily Tue 23-Apr-13 17:35:47

I had this with my MOH and it created a total stress. For ages she couldn't be bothered organising it, so I started asking about things then she got upset about it and went overboard to make it a great hen and completely overspent. I had a fab time but still feel guilty. confusedI did ask if she didn't want the stress I could do it but she didn't want that either. Can't win!

Tailtwister Tue 23-Apr-13 17:37:59

I've only been a MOH once, but thought organising the hen night was part of the job description tbh. I would just ask her about it. Maybe she's not quite sure what you would like? Maybe you could offer her a list of people you'd like to be invited and see what she says?

hairtearing Tue 23-Apr-13 18:59:42

Tailwaster I'm the same as you I think when you take on m.o.h you take on that responsibility iyswim. hides from bridezilla accusation s I think I'm a bit sad she hasn't shown any interest.

hairtearing Tue 23-Apr-13 19:01:05

Orange lily she sounds like a spoilt brat that would piss me right off, offs shit or get off the pot. I will send messages tonight.

OrangeLily Tue 23-Apr-13 20:24:59

Personally I'd love to plan a hen do but Im an organising type person. You may want to take in to account whether this is her bag or not.

andadietcoke Tue 23-Apr-13 20:33:33

I organised my own, but have organised two for other brides. One did some of the planning and I managed the admin, the other gave me vague guidelines and a guest list and I did the rest.

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 23-Apr-13 21:12:47

hair Presumably she's a good friend if she's your MOH. Just ask her casually if she's interested in organising something. I was my BF's MOH but I live overseas. Thankfully, her younger sister (who was a BM) was very keen so was the one who planned the hen do.

WafflyVersatile Tue 23-Apr-13 21:36:39

my sister told me what she wanted to do and when it would have to be and gave me the emails of the other invitees who would be able to help with bed space restaurant recommendations etc. I was arranging from afar.

Do what works for you in your circs. I'm not sure anyone cares that much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now