to think you are a very silly person indeed (or a teenager) if you have 900+ facebook friends?

(53 Posts)
MintyyAeroEgg Sun 21-Apr-13 22:40:02

?

ChocolateCakePlease Mon 22-Apr-13 16:14:31

I went to an internet safety talk a few weeks ago and it does open up your eyes alot, especially about FB. Someone said just because you were in Primary school with someone 20 years ago and they were a sweet boy/girl back then doesn't mean they are so innocent or sweet now. So someone may think they have lots of lovely old school friends on there but actually they don't know anything about that person now as a grown up and don't know who they have viewing all their imformation.

My sil works in the police control room and the stories she tells about FB is scary. One woman used to innocently write on her FB statuses that she was "off down the pub tonight" regularly and one night had her house robbed. The crimanal who robbed her house turned out to be a guy she knew at school, hadn't had any contact except "friending" him on FB since they were 15 and he had gathered aload of information about her from FB and took a chance when he saw she had wrote she was "on a big night out tonight down town." My sil said it's was silly when they learned the person who had robbed her house was a actually a "friend" on FB.

I have 31 friends on FB and i see them regually in person. I won't add old school friends because they are strangers now and if they meant that much i wouldn't not have seen them since i left school.

ChocolateCakePlease Mon 22-Apr-13 16:19:16

Also i notice about those who have 500 friends that usually the same 10 people will 'like' or comment on their statuses. How often do you see "1000" friends on their list and also "800" likes on their status? I have never seen this.

peppersaunt Mon 22-Apr-13 17:48:13

BIL has 5000 "Friends" but all from online gaming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now