Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be so happy that I live in a place where a very nice Chinese takeaway can be delivered to my door after a 1 minute phone call on a Sunday night?

(70 Posts)
MintyyAeroEgg Sun 21-Apr-13 21:11:04

and is indeed on its way now.

I know its not brilliant Sunday night fare but dh has been at work 8.30am to 8.30pm today.

I have given the dc breakfast, lunch and dinner (hm spaghetti carbonara, fresh fruit salad to follow as felt guilty about lack of vegetables thing).

I have also done the usual domestic chores (washing and pegging out and bringing in), tending to pets, playing cards with the dc, going to shops, and emptying and cleaning our bedroom which is being decorated starting tomorrow. Oh and posting a few times on Mumsnet.

Single handed.

I deserve a takeaway.

Shurely??

lovesherdogstoomuch Mon 22-Apr-13 20:02:33

we had delicious takeawy last nite. delivered. yum. we were both horribly hung over. sod a roast dinner. makes my knees swell.

scottishmummy Argentina Mon 22-Apr-13 19:58:14

ive never had the hauf chips,hauf rice
sounds yom
esp soaking up curry sauce

MortifiedAdams Mon 22-Apr-13 12:34:27

Pascha

MortifiedAdams Mon 22-Apr-13 12:34:13

Ooh 4 for my takeaway, thanks Pacha

IcingTheCake Mon 22-Apr-13 12:11:23

Pascha On that note maybe I'm better off in McDonald's, always a 4*, 5* rating.. plus I used to work in one and if I go back there I get employee discount still blush god I should go on a diet, homemade enchiladas tonight, with a side salad! No more takeaways!! sad

kitsmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 12:03:37

I AM FASTING AT THE MOMENT. Why would you do this to me?????

jeanmiguelfangio Mon 22-Apr-13 11:35:52

Damn you all, it's so close to payday and I need a Chinese now!!
We have to drive to ours, but man it's worth it
Wontons, prawn toast, chicken and mango and chips mmmm additives

zukiecat Mon 22-Apr-13 11:24:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tailtwister Mon 22-Apr-13 11:20:02

YABU! because I'm on a diet, it's nearly lunch and I'd kill for a Chinese takeaway

The kebab shop at the end of our road, (3 minute walk) have my telephone number stored in their phone. I dial the number, they say oh hello tantrums usual order? I say yes. They deliver it in approx 12 minutes. The delivery guy doesn't even bother getting on his moped thingy, he just walks it found the corner. I also have Chinese delivered from the Chinese takeaway 2 minutes in the other direction

jojane Mon 22-Apr-13 11:12:27

I work in an Indian restueant so get free curry!!

Pascha Mon 22-Apr-13 11:06:55

Go on, check the hygiene ratings for your local chinese here My nearest indian gets a 1/5.

IcingTheCake Mon 22-Apr-13 11:03:02

Oh no, if you guys are bad then im an awful person wink

Last night i cooked dinner (a new meal we had never tried) turned out awful so we got mcds shock

Latara Mon 22-Apr-13 11:00:00

Thanks to this thread i fancy a takeaway NOW!!! Going to a pizza restaurant this evening for a birthday but it's not as nice as Chinese.

MortifiedAdams Mon 22-Apr-13 10:49:16

Mmm we are getting chinese tonight. Crispy shredded beef in cantonese sauce, sweet and sour chicken, fried rice and prawn toast.

Eeeek!

KatoPotato Mon 22-Apr-13 10:46:04

SM you for got the curry sauce! MorrisZap It's usually a 'white box special' - where you can add Chicken Baws.

HerrenaHarridan Mon 22-Apr-13 00:08:58

I would like to contribute 3 things to this discussion

1) you can put veggies in carbonara, I make it with onions, garlic, mushrooms and peas which is four servings of vegetables and completely negates the entire box of cream cheese

2) I have a huge jar of MSG and I love it. It is a flavour enchanter, like salt. It is not bad for you. What is bad for you is that it is a 30 second additive so "once you pop you just can't stop" if you know your eating it you can consciously regulate yourself.

3) while your ordering Chinese I would like duck in orange sauce, chips, crispy greens and spring rolls.
Do your do a carry out too? wink

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 21-Apr-13 22:41:33

PasswordProtected, what attracted you to this thread? grin

tethersend Sun 21-Apr-13 22:25:54

half rice half chips adj. Switch hitter (qv); one who drinks from both taps; bowls from both ends; AC/DC.

zukiecat Sun 21-Apr-13 22:19:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PasswordProtected Germany Sun 21-Apr-13 22:15:34

Hate Chinese!

rainbow2000 Sun 21-Apr-13 22:13:19

When he gets paid next Friday im having the biggest curry.Im fucking starving but on a budget so it will have to wait
Chilli chips
house special curry
boiled rice and spring rolls
and a naice bottle of wine ooh i cant wait

MorrisZapp Sun 21-Apr-13 22:10:44

SM, I've had the chips/rice combo in England but never seen it up here? Is it all the rage where you are? Edinburgh here.

AnyFucker Germany Sun 21-Apr-13 22:10:32

I dunno, Snatch

I order kebabs. I get kebabs. I have very little interest in how it happens.

I had chicken and donner in a naan with spicy sauce with salad.

it was yummy < garlic burp >

iklboo Sun 21-Apr-13 22:09:39

We live behind a Chinese chippy. DH taught their son to drive so we get mahoosive portions. We don't go as often as we used to because we're dieting but still treat ourselves to the occasional chicken / beef with mushrooms or oyster sauce.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now