Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think it is incorrect to refer to zombies as dead

(74 Posts)
Lucyellensmum95 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:14:47

They are clearly not dead! They are moving, breathing, they respond, need to feed etc - they are not dead are they???

deleted203 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:29:15

I believe if we are to be politically correct about this that the correct term is now ''The Corporeal Bereft of Life"...anything else is just rude.

NumTumDeDum Sat 20-Apr-13 22:29:30

Sprinkleliberally. Not daily. Well I guess it depends what you are sprinkling. Anyway, I digress. I think the key here is that they are no longer human and become 'other' and thus dead.

GreenPeppercorn Sat 20-Apr-13 22:29:47

Brains not brians! Although that isn't to say that the re-animated are not able to eat Brians. Anyone can eat a Brian.

Lucyellensmum95 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:29:58

i don't know kim, but then if they don't die, do they need to? but yes, reproduction is a criteria of life.

NumTumDeDum Sat 20-Apr-13 22:30:46

Brian may not want to eat Brian. Or have anyone else eat him for that matter.

GreenPeppercorn Sat 20-Apr-13 22:31:44

They don't need to reproduce because they just have to bite a member of the non-dead community in order to produce another member of their alternative community. FGS people have some compassion.

If it's Brian from the Yoni thread, eating's too good for him.

MacaYoniAndCheese Sat 20-Apr-13 22:32:12

They are dead...but not in the traditional sense?

GreenPeppercorn Sat 20-Apr-13 22:32:16

Typical MN. Now they start on the Brians....

GreenPeppercorn Sat 20-Apr-13 22:33:05

I wonder if Brian attends to the yoni (plural?) of the re-animated community?

Lucyellensmum95 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:33:27

I can't imagine that a zombie has the dexterity for yoni massage

ZOmbie yoni massage with brian. shock

someone pass me the brian bleach

SprinkleLiberally Sat 20-Apr-13 22:35:02

Well. They have definitely been previously dead, hence their unusual status. But they are now alive. So, "the creatures formerly known as dead" is both snappy and factual.

*BRAIN bleach ffs brian, brian why is brian on my brain, feckin zombies they've learnt mind control

MrsDeVere Sat 20-Apr-13 22:35:48

I think you will find the correct term is 'living impaired'

MrsDeVere Sat 20-Apr-13 22:38:32

It is also a spectrum. No two zombie are the same. They are not just some homogeneous lump you know!

And please don't refer to them as 'The Zombies'. It just rude.

They are more than just their mortality you know!

Iaintdunnuffink Sat 20-Apr-13 22:38:44

Why do you all feel the need to label them sad

Lucyellensmum95 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:39:45

but have they really been previously dead? wasn't there a disease in papua new guinea that resulted in people being buried alive because they appeared to be dead? WAsn't this where the zombie myth started? I think its called Kuru, its a prion disease like CJD and BSE and was actually thought to be passed on via cannibalism.

SprinkleLiberally Sat 20-Apr-13 22:42:06

Oh yes. I saw it on The Walking Dead. Actual brain activity stopped for hours. And Egg from This Life said it.

GreenPeppercorn Sat 20-Apr-13 22:42:25

I really think people need to listen up here. If it wasn't for the OP I would have had no idea how to repel distasteful haribo munching plebs on the bus with the handy placement of a bag. This woman knows her onions.

GreenPeppercorn Sat 20-Apr-13 22:43:46

Speaking of cannibalism, as we clearly were, is feeding left over egg sandwich to the birds in fact encouraging cannibalism? One does wonder.

HoneyDragon Sat 20-Apr-13 22:44:12

They are Differently Dead.

I'm not labelling them. One of my most favourite Mnetters is a zombie [wink[

HoneyDragon Sat 20-Apr-13 22:44:26

Or wink even

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Sat 20-Apr-13 22:45:35

Zombies have feelings too y'know. sad

IamtheZombie Sat 20-Apr-13 22:45:50

hmm shock

Zombie is NOT dead. Nor is she "ficticious" or "imaginary". Her Yoni has had bits cut out of it this week but is otherwise in fine fettle - or will be once her cervix has healed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now