To only wash my bedding ...

(219 Posts)
Froggy2013 Sat 20-Apr-13 21:48:25

Every 2 weeks?

King size and junior double sheets, duvet cover etc., which I iron. Plus spare bed maybe every 4 weeks (me/DH spend the odd night when we are having problems sleeping/have visitors staying over). Can't understand how other mums manage to get everything washed, dried and ironed in a week?!

Am I manky?

Guntie Sat 20-Apr-13 22:03:33

I weekly and iron as well. I am pretty sure most people dont sweat a litre a night. Unless you all get up to a lot more than me in bed blush

I thought this was interesting.

DottyDot Sat 20-Apr-13 22:03:37

Damn it - cross posts!

I wash them when I suddenly realise I can't remember when I last washed them.

^ Yep, that ^

Although in the Summer I think my bed linen definitely gets washed more, love the smell of line dried clothing. Bit of a trudge up and down the stairs to do it (as I live in a flat) but worth it in good winds or sunshine.

I'm not a sweaty person really, I have no cats or dogs and sleep in a bed on my own. I definitely washed my sheets loads more when married but he was a sweaty old thing wink

If its covered in chocolate just suck it. You should then be able to get another week out of it grin

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 20-Apr-13 22:04:14

I change the bedding for some of my clients and fortnightly is pretty common.

Kubalai Sat 20-Apr-13 22:04:34

Weekly for our bed, on a Sunday, and dds alternate weeks unless obviously dirty.

I wouldn't iron bedding ever!

Where's GetOrf?!?!

Zappo Sat 20-Apr-13 22:04:35

Intrigued as to what Stangirl will admit to.

I rarely change my bedlinen. I do it when I spill something on it or DC is sick on it and when it starts to look grubby. No official time scale maybe every couple of months, sometimes more.

I may be manky but I love the smell of lived in sheets.

I have never washed my duvets ( I have some that are older than my children).

ChippingInLovesSpring Sat 20-Apr-13 22:04:40

Nah - it's just about OK smile I do mine at least weekly, mostly twice a week in summer. I love fresh sheets.

I sometimes iron them - the rest of the time I have a life wink

Still18atheart Sat 20-Apr-13 22:05:26

Every two weeks is the norm in this household too

slatternlymother Sat 20-Apr-13 22:06:39

Problem is - everything we have is white. And we are a "bed family" (mainly because our sofa is falling apart) - so snacks and desserts get eaten in the big family bed ... Whose bedding is now only a week old but already stained with chocolate and honeycomb ...

You must have very good DC! My DC would TRASH my bed!

I wash and iron weekly, twice a week if I'm on. Same with towels. The ironing (with razor sharp creases down the centre!) is a throwback from military training.

Feelingood Sat 20-Apr-13 22:07:35

Peeelease, the regularity of this thread is exactly how many actually change there sheets.

Every two weeks here. I think they just start to feel a bit lived in on about day 12. Don't have time to do it more often.

Feelingood Sat 20-Apr-13 22:08:08

Fuck off I know it should be their.

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:09:12

Every one to two weeks, but only because my cleaning lady comes once a week and I don't want her to think we are gross- I change them for her coming.

Talkinpeace Sat 20-Apr-13 22:09:24

I thought one just bought new sheets regularly

OhTheConfusion Sat 20-Apr-13 22:10:44

I have three DC's so 1 x king bed, 1 x double (spare room), 2 x Single and 1 cotbed... I love fresh sheets but hate changing the bed.

I change our bed and the cotbed one week, then the two singles the followiing week. I only change the spare bed after someone has used it... so can be anything from weekly to 6 monthly!

peacefuleasyfeeling Sat 20-Apr-13 22:10:52

Fortnightly and never, ever iron, bedding or anything else for that matter. DH does his own ironing when he feels inclined.

Feelingood Sat 20-Apr-13 22:10:53

Well how often do you wash sofa covers? Bet they have plenty sweaty bottoms on them, does that ever get discussed

Euphemia Sat 20-Apr-13 22:12:42

We have leather sofas - nicely seasoned by bums. smile

MagzFarqharson Sat 20-Apr-13 22:12:47

I never wash bed linen, but buy new every 6 months - whether it's needed or not.

pigsDOfly Sat 20-Apr-13 22:12:54

Surely if we all sweated a litre a night we'd all be sloshing about by morning. Where would it all go?

Euphemia Sat 20-Apr-13 22:13:24

Litre a night bollocks - that's a myth

AlanMoore Sat 20-Apr-13 22:13:43

I aim for weekly but have no tumble dryer so in winter sometimes it's two weeks. I envy GetOrf though, I aspire to that and if time/space/money allow I may achieve it in future! Dcs had d&v recently and though that was awful I did like clean bedding every night smile

Bowlersarm Sat 20-Apr-13 22:14:41

Fortnightly. One week our bedding, the next week the DC's

HollyBerryBush Sat 20-Apr-13 22:15:12

Eating bed is just grim. Unless you are an invalid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now