Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To only wash my bedding ...

(219 Posts)
Froggy2013 Sat 20-Apr-13 21:48:25

Every 2 weeks?

King size and junior double sheets, duvet cover etc., which I iron. Plus spare bed maybe every 4 weeks (me/DH spend the odd night when we are having problems sleeping/have visitors staying over). Can't understand how other mums manage to get everything washed, dried and ironed in a week?!

Am I manky?

KitchenandJumble Sat 20-Apr-13 21:50:54

I wash and change the bedding once a week religiously. On Sundays, instead of church. grin

But I don't iron anything.

Stangirl Sat 20-Apr-13 21:51:10

Excellent - these threads always kick off and I normally "win" with my mankiness. So, I shall wait until there's a few replies then shall trump them all with my terrible bed linen hygiene.

Oh and YANBU.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sat 20-Apr-13 21:52:13

You should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If you're not filthy when you get into bed and don't sweat excessively then you're fine.

smile

But please, forget the ironing. Life's too short!!

brew

I wash mine twice a week. But then I do share my bed with numerous cats so I don't have much choice. I never iron anything though.

I wash mine when it takes itself to the washing machine grin

ceebie Sat 20-Apr-13 21:53:07

I wash them when I suddenly realise I can't remember when I last washed them.

nellyjelly Sat 20-Apr-13 21:53:36

Yep fortnightly here.

Floralnomad Sat 20-Apr-13 21:53:42

At least weekly here but I only iron the pillow cases everything else goes to the ironing lady . I have 1 king size and 2 doubles to change and I never do more than 2 on one day .

apostropheuse Sat 20-Apr-13 21:53:51

You really iron bed linen? Wow that's impressive!

I change my bed weekly, but never iron the stuff. Oh no.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sat 20-Apr-13 21:53:53

grin Binky

HollyBerryBush Sat 20-Apr-13 21:54:41

Most people sweat a litre of fluid at night

just thought I'd mention it

MaureenMLove Sat 20-Apr-13 21:55:00

lol @ Stangirl. Love it!

I wash them every week, but I do only have one bed to do - mine! DD is a law unto herself. I mention to her every couple of weeks that she ought to do some washing, then about a fortnight later, she does! grin

Euphemia Sat 20-Apr-13 21:55:08

I would like to change them weekly, but the weather's not good enough to have the bedding AND the clothes washed and dried in the same weekend.

Hassled Sat 20-Apr-13 21:55:08

Weekly here - there's nothing nicer in the world than getting into a bed with clean sheets. That's why I love hotels.

Emmabr Sat 20-Apr-13 21:55:25

Weekly and iron it or I feel skanky.

I aways find i sleep better when my linen has a layer of crustiness. The mattress is a lot firmer.

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sat 20-Apr-13 21:57:05

There is no way I sweat a litter of fluid a night or I would have disappeared before now (ie longer than a week between washes)

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sat 20-Apr-13 21:58:19

Btw I would love to have clean sheets every day but money will not allow

TidyDancer Sat 20-Apr-13 22:00:05

GetOrf, where art thou?

She trumps everyone on this thread.

Haylebop12 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:00:55

I try for once a week but wouldn't stress is if was once every two weeks because of drying them.

NEVER iron!

Yes, you are manky.

Froggy2013 Sat 20-Apr-13 22:02:01

So funny .. Yes I might wait until my bed linen takes itself to the washing machine!

Problem is - everything we have is white. And we are a "bed family" (mainly because our sofa is falling apart) - so snacks and desserts get eaten in the big family bed ... Whose bedding is now only a week old but already stained with chocolate and honeycomb ...

My friend only irons pillowcases too - why?! Help my OCD personality understand ... !

FunnysInLaJardin Sat 20-Apr-13 22:02:55

I am manky and wash the bedding as and when. Usually about once a month. But it is my mank and so I am not fussed

DottyDot Sat 20-Apr-13 22:03:12

We rotate bedding changes with 2x ds's, so each set of bedding gets washed once every 3 weeks.

<winning mankyness award so far>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now