Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think the police in Boston are taking a lot of credit...

(102 Posts)
PuffPants Sat 20-Apr-13 18:27:11

...for catching that bomber, when actually a bloke poking around in his garden found him. Tanks, helicopters, every police officer in the Western Hemisphere cruising the streets (a small suburb) and they don't think to look in a boat?

So are the Boston police also supposed to have solved the problem of all terrorism worldwide, MrsTP? I don't see how you can expect that of them.

<Sigh>

No, they are supposed to assume that these are not the only terrorists and act accordingly.

KeatsiePie Mon 22-Apr-13 02:54:49

I also don't find the thread distasteful; I think the discussion has been for the most part very respectful.

And have never before thought, really, about what a terrorist's goal(s) might be, so I find it interesting to consider that there might be this much satisfaction for a terrorist simply in paralyzing a city; I have always thought that a high death toll was what a terrorist was after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now