Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To enjoy "The Voice" and think its now as bad as people say?

(61 Posts)
CelticPixie Sat 20-Apr-13 13:37:10

I've actually been laughed at by people for saying that I enjoy this programme but I don't think its as bad as some people are saying. I think the standard of singing on its very good and there are no "joke" contestants, the song choices on it are a lot better than the typical karaoke fare you get on X Factor or Britain's Got Talent and the judges are actually qualified to judge people.

I feel like I am the only person in the UK still watching though. AIBU to think its not that bad? More importantly does anyone actually agree with me?........

Fairylea Sat 20-Apr-13 14:13:19

smile worra I'm going to try that tonight smile

WorriedMummy73 Sat 20-Apr-13 14:13:57

Well, my DD had a good gander at them as they came on, THEN turned her back to the screen. I explained that she was spectacularly missing the point!

CelticPixie Sat 20-Apr-13 14:13:58

Noel, I can handle a bit of piss taking so I might come in there when its on later.

I'm so glad I'm not alone. I've even refrained from discussing it on Facebook in case I get laughed at about it.

grin Worra

WorraLiberty England Sat 20-Apr-13 14:15:11

Thanks

I won't be the only loon who does it then grin

AmIthatSpringy Italy Sat 20-Apr-13 14:15:40

I might join in later too.
I might even try the "back turned" bit as well grin

I, going to try that Worra as we all love the voice. We love Danny (and DD loves the Script anyway) and Will.i.am and we live kinda near where Jessie grew up I think. Will miss watching The Voice when we move abroad sad

WorraLiberty England Sat 20-Apr-13 14:19:12

You have to cross your legs and pretend your knee is the button grin

That way you can do all the attention seeky stuff...like pretending you're going to press it...and then making a painful looking expression.

WorraLiberty England Sat 20-Apr-13 14:20:05

Can't you watch it online when you move abroad?

Euphemia France Sat 20-Apr-13 15:41:21

DD and I love The Voice. We settled down to watch BGT last week and decided to bail on the whole series after seeing the first act. It's a hideous, cruel programme and we cannot bear Simon Cowell's smug git face while he's snarking at people who have obviously been put up there to be mocked. Hideous. X-Factor is the same.

meddie Sat 20-Apr-13 15:52:18

Its compulsory saturday night viewing for me and DD and yes Worra me and DD do the whole backs turned malarkey. Glad to see I,m not the only one who's a butty short of a picnic.

wigglesrock Germany Sat 20-Apr-13 16:00:10

We all watch it here too, well except the 5 year old - it bores her, she would rather read. Sometimes I worry about her.

Me and the dds all go into my bed and watch it while dd2 despairs of us blush . Dd1 has the biggest crush on Reggie Yates, he has replaced Niall from One Direction shock

Iwantmybed Sat 20-Apr-13 16:09:12

I do really like it but I hate the typical formatting every week. Ie. First act goes through, second act doesn't etc. Backstory complete with interviews with relatives = goes through. The final act is always someone amazing that they fight over. I can watch the whole show in 40 mins but fast forwarding the tedious crap.

showtunesgirl Sat 20-Apr-13 16:09:32

I love the show! At least the judges have some kind of knowledge about the subject and they don't set people up as jokes.

sherazade Sat 20-Apr-13 17:08:45

Jessie J is the most irrittating person on television, who thinks it is all about her and constantly attempts to overshadow the acts with her show- offy miming and constant attention seeking. She plays up to the cameras so indiscreetly and tactlessly and tastelessly, she makes Tulisa look classy

Tom Jones seems nice enough, like yer grandad, in fact I pity him for some reason he always looks slightly embarrassed to be on the show.

The Script person , tolerable, at best.

Will I am looks pissed off all the time and is the only genuine thing about the show.

The Acts are usually rejects who sing quite well but have been rejected for a reason.

YABU.

AmIthatSpringy Italy Sat 20-Apr-13 17:28:02

Will be checking in later grin

I love the Voice. Usually comment on twitter while it's on. There are other Voice lovers on there

Oh I agree sherazade, JessieJ is just vile, I really don't understand how they let her get away with her atrocious attention seeking behaviour.

They just don't show enough acts either.

Samu2 Sat 20-Apr-13 18:06:13

I like it.

Love JJ's voice but she is needy.

Love Will.i.am he is so darn adorable.

Can't stand double denim guy.

CelticPixie Sat 20-Apr-13 20:39:45

Well, well, WELL. You'd never hear Pulps's Common People on the X Factor. Simon's head would probably explode if someone sang something other than a middle of the road ballad!

Jestrin Sat 20-Apr-13 20:41:22

Im watching! Am I the only one who hates that squeak the girl singing 'common people' was doing? Diana Vickers all over again! Argghhh! Hate it!

I haven't watched a Saturday night talent show in about ten years but this evening friend was over and out it on for her DD who loves it. I have to say I was impressed. Good standard of performers, a decent premise and I liked the way the judges had to compete for the performers rather than the other way round. I even sniffled at the opera ladies. I may watch again!

I thought the guy with the blonde hair and guitar was gorgeous...a shame he didn't get through, probably would have been popular with the public too.

i usually watch it on the iplayer as its always on at bedtime, but i love it.

i also tend to be mooching on another page and only flick back if they sound good, lol.

The guitar guy was wonderful when he sang that phil Collins song but his original song choice was awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now